Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new air gun laws in Scotland on the way?
15 December 2012, 01:13,
RE: new air gun laws in Scotland on the way?
If this goes ahead im going to set up a spud gun shop, no licence required yet
15 December 2012, 07:36,
well thats the SNP for you expect more crap from them if Scotland vote for Independence
15 December 2012, 13:23,
(15 December 2012, 07:36)Tigs Wrote: well thats the SNP for you expect more crap from them if Scotland vote for Independence

I don't just think it is the SNP Tigs, it's politicians in general. States have always tried to limit the capability of their population to posses weapons. Their worst nightmare is an armed population.
15 December 2012, 13:52,
guns dont kill people, people kill people.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 December 2012, 21:25,
Sadly if the government said they were to ban all guns, air rifles, crossbows and any other "weapons", the sheeple would get behind them.
17 December 2012, 21:38,
Well they couldnt bann all guns, there are too many guns that are used as work tools, and too many guns used as tourist money makers.

I was talking to the guy in the shop where I bought my air rifle on Sunday about these proposals,.. and he said that it was completly unworkable,.. he said that the Police have talked to him [ the shop ] and said that they would try to get the idea quashed, because they say there is about 15,000 air rifles in Scotland, so that would be 15,000 protential crime scenes,... [ people owning weapons without a licence ] it would be a massive task to get all guns registered let alone licenced, its not against the law for an person to sell an air rifle to another person with no trace at all, only the shops take a few details from you..... and unless it was a licence sold for a partiular type of air weapon, then a licence air rifle owner could legaly throw away his .22 and buy a 50 cal air rifle legally,.. [ which at the moment he cant ]
A major part of survival is invisibility.
27 January 2013, 12:04,
if these proposed air gun laws ever come into force in Scotland or down in England then it makes me think...fuck it...if the wankers in parliment decide we must register air rifles we may or may not own...and if we are later caught using an unregistered gun ...then we have broken a law and wud be knowingly guilty of this "crime" ...so we wud expect a hefty fine...and a criminal record....maybe even a custodial sentence ?! so if they did this to joe public then what difference wud the fine be to own an air rifle over the 11.9999 pound limit ????? an extra tenner !!!? okay then what difference wud it be to have an unlicensed shotgun in the wardrobe !!!! still illegal....okay how much more off a fine/risk to have a sawn off under the bed ??? you following me so far ....the way i look at it theres not much difference......like nicking a bottle of milk from the local paki shop or the bosses Jag......is still theft !!! just my thoughts on the ways this shitbag government seem hell bent on totallitarianism in the very NEAR future.......makes me pissed off.!
27 January 2013, 12:42,
It will be interesting seeing how many of thosein Scotland are registered when this comes out. Think I might buy one myself and see if they come looking for registration details.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 January 2013, 13:21,
Setting aside the political insanity I think it a good idea for every prepper to get a decent air rifle and a few thousand pellets plus a spare spring and seal kit, even if it lives in the back of the wardrobe for ever. Anyone else noticed how many gun shops wont sell you any weapon for ash any more, they all want your details !!!. I went to buy a BSA XL tactical last week from a local gun shop and I offered cash he said he preferred credit card and insisted on my details. I refused to buy and walked out.

27 January 2013, 13:35,
If you want a new one they all do that now. If I have to give details I'll order mail order and then at least make some savings. I like telling them in the local shops that. I even went as far as putting quite a few hundred pounds worth on the counter, air stuff and crossbow and when he asked for details I refused. He was torn between a sale or id and he went for the id. So I walked out.

If you have to give id you may as well go for the cheaper option. If your local shops won't support you then fuck em.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin