Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIshing for FIRST TIMERS .
8 January 2013, 19:53,
RE: FIshing for FIRST TIMERS .
Family Guy, Thanks for this thread. I haven't fished since I was a boy and I only caught Sticklebacks. I shall head for Glasgow soon and hopefully buy some cheap gear. The local shops are very expensive, so I am told. Many thanks to other contributors to the thread. Kenneth Eames.
30 January 2014, 21:46,
RE: FIshing for FIRST TIMERS .
Also in these situations I think beginners should also look towards carrying some pike traces i.e treble hooks and wire line. If you can put the time in and catch some small fish then they make ideal bait. The best thing about the pike rig is that you can then leave it out with a dead fish on and tie it off to something. Pike will given the chance gorge the hooks trapping themselves freeing you up to forage or hunt for other things.

Just remember that pike can get very big so heavy line is a must. On no account try this if you are a pleasure fisherman just wanting to see if it works as you will kill the fish trying to remove the hooks, it's a SHTF only method when you need food.

Check out any basic fishing manual and you will get the method. There really is little skill to this method and all waters in the British isles as far as I'm aware hold pike in plentiful numbers not to mention you also have a good chance of catching big eels with the dead bait as any pike fisherman will tell you.

Hope this helps anyone new to the fish option.