Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khukuri Lessons
19 December 2012, 12:19,
RE: Khukuri Lessons
Doesn't come as a big surprise that the goverment screws up everything it touches.

But they rely on people not pushing back. Lesson learnt there.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 December 2012, 12:55,
I have never had a problem importing swords from outside UK. the law is specifically aimed at stopping the importation of cheap Factory made Katana much beloved of CHAVICUS DOMESTICUS. If you do want a hand forged "real" katana then I would look at RGW Katana UK, they have a wide range of fittings for you to make what is essentially a bespoke blade. Regarding Katana you can still import blades, but they have to be "forged" in a traditional manner making them "historical Reproductions", but you still might have to explain to TPTB why you need it, martial arts, historical collection etc, basically you have to convince them you are not a nutcase. Regarding Historical European swords the process so far has been hassle free, as these pieces fall securely in the "historical" niche. Some countries laws slightly differ and Canada is a good example, to export a "Live" (sharp) blade it would be classed in the same category as a "weapon" so most Canadian Swordsmiths send out their blades semi sharp to render their pieces "historical", just sharpen the sword when you get it. I don't think there would be any problems with importing a Khukuri from an authentic maker of historical pieces like Khukurihouse, but I understand you can never anticipate TPTB. I will be ordering a Khukuri in the new year and will keep everyone informed about the procedure etc.
19 December 2012, 13:03,
(19 December 2012, 12:55)Tartar Horde Wrote: .........you can never anticipate TPTB.

Ain't that the truth, especially when they are not sure what they supposed to be doing anyway Exclamation Huh Big Grin

Quote:I will be ordering a Khukuri in the new year and will keep everyone informed about the procedure etc.

Me too, I'll wait until this "festive" crap is over.... Big Grin

MA
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.
19 December 2012, 13:13,
The Khukuri made for the troops participating in Iraq looks a lovely piece. I also like the 13 inch Nepali forces Khukuri with the polished black buffalo horn handle, I fear one may not be enough.
19 December 2012, 13:45,
(19 December 2012, 13:13)Tartar Horde Wrote: .......I fear one may not be enough.

One is NEVER enough! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.
19 December 2012, 14:51,
That is why I will eventually have about 6 if my plan goes as I want it to...Big Grin
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.