Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Journo alert again
4 November 2011, 15:25,
RE: Journo alert again
(4 November 2011, 12:44)Skean Dhude Wrote: BP, Tell us more.

depends what you want to know SD, i'm not too keen to put my life history on line, you dont know who is reading this. BP.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 November 2011, 15:27,
BP,

Fair enough. You read the rest of the comment though and I've seen some of the medias smear attempts on preppers I was just curious as to what happened from a general view. Not any of the details though.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 November 2011, 15:45,
Thanks SD, in my case it is exactly as NR's post described. following 9/11 and then 7/7, i was VERY concerned about what was happening in the world and more importantly here at home. we decided to start a wooden box and put into it things we thought useful, together with a small box of tinned food. when we moved here over 2 years ago and got our first (and only) computer and i started a Google search for Survivalism which then led me to Prepping , i first found a lot of the American sites(of course) then looked for some British ones, i found one and joined it, there i met NR and as they say:the rest is history!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 November 2011, 18:30,
OK. I thought there was going to be a bad journo story in there that i could learn from but you are pretty much the same as everyone else. Something made you think about the future and you acted on it and started prepping.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 November 2011, 18:36,
(4 November 2011, 18:30)Skean Dhude Wrote: OK. I thought there was going to be a bad journo story in there that i could learn from but you are pretty much the same as everyone else. Something made you think about the future and you acted on it and started prepping.
I was approached on another site(which i have since left) as was every other member, by an "independent film maker" who said he just wanted to tell the truth, to which i replied" your truth or ours?", he sort of lost interest after that and dropped out of site, he may be the one that contacted NR cant imagine there are many doing the rounds at any one time.
4 November 2011, 19:52,
I think there is a bunch of media grads in London going around the samall indy film makers saying " Hey we should do a film on XXXXXXXX" Its like the Oscars etc its all about their peers congratulating them on their artistic and journalists skills, and sweet FA to do with impartiality, truthfulness or acuracy.

16 November 2011, 18:56,
I've been contacted by 4 people now via the contact form on the main site.

Two were newspaper types after an article while the other two want to do documentaries.
Skean Dhude
16 November 2011, 18:59,
(16 November 2011, 18:56)Skean Dhude Wrote: I've been contacted by 4 people now via the contact form on the main site.

Two were newspaper types after an article while the other two want to do documentaries.

i hope you told them to" go forth and multiply!Tongue
16 November 2011, 19:14,
I'd tell them to get s_____d. I'm sorry SD a slip of the mouse. Kenneth Eames.
16 November 2011, 19:54, (This post was last modified: 16 November 2011, 19:56 by NorthernRaider.)
Ner Ner Ner Ner Naa they are picking on your instead of me now Big GrinCool

Its amazing how your words can be turned from " I have been studying first aid and food preservation" into " I have been studying bomb making and hoarding ammo" by the actions of most if not all journos.

(16 November 2011, 18:56)Skean Dhude Wrote: I've been contacted by 4 people now via the contact form on the main site.

Y'know I read recently they pay twerps like Vince Cable and other failed MPs up to £20K for indepth interviews, but they expect us to open up our entire lives for their critical scrutiny for nothing !!!