Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Journo alert again
2 November 2011, 21:10,
Journo alert again
Hi guys just to let you know that yet again a "" Documentary maker"" is doing the rounds looking for victi..... erm preppers to expos..... erm interview.

Its the 8th or 9th in the last year or so promising to " do us" !!!

2 November 2011, 21:43,
RE: Journo alert again
What would be so terible about speaking to them? Surly we need for more people to join up so thers less pain and suferring in a event?
2 November 2011, 22:05,
(2 November 2011, 21:43)Tortoise Wrote: What would be so terible about speaking to them? Surly we need for more people to join up so thers less pain and suferring in a event?

Its not as simple as that, most articles by journos tend to make out that we are all nutters and whack jobs no matter what they promise initially. It has been done too many times in the past to make it worth the risk even if you wanted to, though I suspect most preppers and survivalists would run a mile before willingly giving details of their preps, i certainly would

3 November 2011, 02:44,
i'am camra shy he will have to try else hope you are all shy too?
to win the war, you must be willing to die
3 November 2011, 07:08,
The important question here is WHY?
Why bother to do a some docu' bollox on fringe members of society?

I wonder what they'll call it ? ' My Big Fat Prepper Wedding'? .... Sounds familiar
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

3 November 2011, 09:44, (This post was last modified: 3 November 2011, 09:45 by NorthernRaider.)
(2 November 2011, 21:43)Tortoise Wrote: What would be so terible about speaking to them? Surly we need for more people to join up so thers less pain and suferring in a event?

Because from Thouis Theroux to the BBC to Channel 4 to the DailyMail to the New York Times EVERY time they do a piece on our community they lie, distort, cheat, manipulate and betray our hospitality. They ALWAYS pick out the more extreme or odd aspects of the way we live and make us out to be ultra right wing, chjild eating, gun crazed, anti social, fascist threats to society.

The people who we want to join our community are not watching Chav TV shows about football stars, they like the rest of us first realise society is on its knees, then they think about how they can protect and prepare for those bad times, then they do research seeking people with a similar outlook, then they eventually hear the name Survivalist and Prepper and do a google which leads these thinkers and doers right to our forums.
(3 November 2011, 07:08)Reality Jones Wrote: The important question here is WHY?
Why bother to do a some docu' bollox on fringe members of society?

I wonder what they'll call it ? ' My Big Fat Prepper Wedding'? .... Sounds familiar

Chav telly for the interlectually impared.

3 November 2011, 15:02,
[quote='NorthernRaider' )

The people who we want to join our community are not watching Chav TV shows about football stars, they like the rest of us first realise society is on its knees, then they think about how they can protect and prepare for those bad times, then they do research seeking people with a similar outlook, then they eventually hear the name Survivalist and Prepper and do a google which leads these thinkers and doers right to our forums.

EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED IN MY CASE,NR, YOU KNOW THE REST. BP.Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 November 2011, 12:44,
BP, Tell us more.

I'm of the same view as NR but there are always those that will step forward, if not us, it will be the nutters.

The US is coming around to changing their views on preppers. Perhaps it is time for us to reconsider and between all the UK groups we must have someone respectable.

I'm thinking a lot about this at the moment.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 November 2011, 13:39,
I wonder what they'd say if you said you'd only do it with final edit approval.
I suspect they would laugh.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
4 November 2011, 14:03,
Neil Strauss did it the right way in my opinion. A writer and journalist but instead of hoping for an easy story he went and learnt about the subject himself and documented his progress in his book "Emergency".

Well worth a read if you haven't read it already.