Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government still exists post-SHTF
26 December 2012, 15:43,
RE: Government still exists post-SHTF
in the old days kings give lords land and perks to help keep them in control the kings used the lords slaves and the like for wars i think it will be the same again
even gang lords would work along with the gov to help them keep control and the gov would turn a blindeye to things just look at history in scotland
and you dont need a large army to control people just lots of bullets when poeple see other people getting shot for standing up to the gov. they will lose the will to fight most people have no bottle
to win the war, you must be willing to die
26 December 2012, 16:29,
wouldnt work these days, the monarchy is ceremonial, most Lords are either politicos given peerages or their hereditory...in any case very few even own land these days, most are urban based. even the big estates are losing money hand over fist and cant even afford to mend their leaky roofs, thats why they open to the public or hand it over to the National Trust-who then open it to the public!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 December 2012, 17:39,
even warlords would need to be able to grow crops for their slaves, and as most of them will be in a city or (very) large towns( as that is where most of the population are) they will only have access to parks or other community land, so would not be able to feed large numbers of slaves. even with a huge stockpile of ammo unless you have the means to actually make new bullets eventually all the stocks will be used up...what then? also it depends on what the "mortality" rate from the original event is.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 December 2012, 23:34,
bp
i understand what your saying but my point is
in the old days law and order for what it was, was controled by the kings army they understood that they need more men but to achive this they joined forces with other want to be kings but because the king had a bigger more armed army they the want to kings joined forces and to make the deal sweet the king give land and other perks to the want to be kings remember harts and minds the gov use it still.
now move foward to present time and with the small army we have the gov could secure london easy they would use leathel force like syria .
now to help, the gov would use mercs and gangs giving the power and a legal stamp. now you can say that the local junkies leader wouldn't back the gov but if the had the thought of keeping power and becoming something when control is restored just for helping the gov and still taking what they wanted and passing some down to london then they would.
thats how the gov would keep control in tshtf also given the gov has loads of bullets now when they start shooting then 95% of the people will comply because the have no brains just look at how the laugh at use it's because they are sceared and want big daddy to look after them?
it's not how many people you kill it's who you kill that counts.
the reason the riots went that way was because the world was watching and the gov didn't want to look like syria or china and the idiots where robbing shop not attacking the gov that's why it was left but plans where being put in place to bring it under control and afterwards look how fast people were dragged in the courts and harsh punishments given out compaired to what people get when no riots happened.
i grew up in one of the worst parts of newcastle and know how it is and moved out in the middle of nowhere for my kids but i'am in and out of the big cities every week and still switched on.
also unless the world fell apart then the gov could ask america, europe, ussr or china for help
to win the war, you must be willing to die
27 December 2012, 10:28,
i see your point GOM, but i think that any event that affected this country would also be worldwide so i think USA, China etc.etc.would have problems of their own. as for gangs, junkie's helping OUR govt, i doubt it very much, they dont cope well with authority and would prefer to run their little enclaves their own way and for their benefit not the governments. keeping what they get for themselves and not passing it onto London.Govt wouldn't have much authority outside London anyway, and if the ethnics kick off they'll have their hands full there. maybe if we lived in one of the big cities i would even give this a passing thought but being out in the countryside(where ALL preppers will be post SHTF) i dont think the govt will have the manpower to do anything about us....they'd have to FIND us first anyway and i for one dont intend to be found...period!Big Grin