Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government still exists post-SHTF
20 December 2012, 18:32,
RE: Government still exists post-SHTF
obvious you have,nt been down to WALES in a while MB .....come on over we,r having a party lol
20 December 2012, 19:13,
(20 December 2012, 18:32)Straight Shooter Wrote: obvious you have,nt been down to WALES in a while MB .....come on over we,r having a party lol

seems he missed the August riots last year too SS !! the plods couldnt cope then either!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 December 2012, 20:30, (This post was last modified: 20 December 2012, 20:30 by Highlander.)
I can understant where you are coming from Bortblanc, but we are also right in knowing that goverment forces are not what they used to be,.. and even these forces are going to be just as deleted as any other group of society,... with a full force they couldnt control London agaisnt the mob,...so although there may well always be some sort of goverment, they are not going to be knocking on many doors.

If we move this thinking a few hundred miles north into the Scottish Highlands we are all the more on our own from either help or hinder, no forces, good or bad are going to be walking around up here for a long time after a major event,... it will be up to us to manage

I suspect we will revert back to the Highland way of life before the clearences, the means to survive in small communities are still in place today

I apoligise Mortblanc, not Bortblanc
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 December 2012, 20:37,
I dont trust tptb now, there going to be a 100% worse after an event
20 December 2012, 20:57,
The Government Forces are seriously depleted, we have almost privatised Police Forces and Prisons. The Military is slowly being turned over to reservists and even in the cities other than enforcement/observation cameras the Police are very thin on the ground. It wouldn't take much for TPTB to splinter and even give up in a major situation.

Unlike the USA, few of us fear the Government or feel that they are 'Out To Get Us' and this I believe is one of the main reasons why UK based survivalist are different from our American Prepper Cousins.

As for firearms, you would be surprised just how many firearms are in possession of ordinary people, even 50 cal sniper rifles, Brits just don't shout about how many guns they have because that just attracts criminals looking for guns to steal and also has the police questioning whether you are the right type of person to own firearms.
20 December 2012, 21:10,
(20 December 2012, 20:57)SealDriver Wrote: As for firearms, you would be surprised just how many firearms are in possession of ordinary people, even 50 cal sniper rifles, Brits just don't shout about how many guns they have because that just attracts criminals looking for guns to steal and also has the police questioning whether you are the right type of person to own firearms.

This is very, very true,... take this part of the word, very large amounts of money are made through shooting, every estate has large amounts of guns, they have their own guns and they have guns to give the hundreds of shooter that come here from all over the world to claim their Stag, each Estate borders the next,... each Estate has its own keepers, and apprentise keepers,... who enjoy guns, so they have the own personal guns

Here I am talking about high powered rifles for deer,... then there are just as many shot guns for the sport of Grouse shooting,... these are the working guns,..before we even start to count the sporting guns and the gun clubs

There may be even more guns north of the border than south of it.

The only thing we dont have are the Auto Assult rifles, but in a situation after the event,.. I would personaly [ as an ex soldier ] prefer to have a good high powered rifle than an Auto assult rifle.
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 December 2012, 21:29,
(20 December 2012, 21:10)Highlander Wrote:
(20 December 2012, 20:57)SealDriver Wrote: As for firearms, you would be surprised just how many firearms are in possession of ordinary people, even 50 cal sniper rifles, Brits just don't shout about how many guns they have because that just attracts criminals looking for guns to steal and also has the police questioning whether you are the right type of person to own firearms.

This is very, very true,... take this part of the word, very large amounts of money are made through shooting, every estate has large amounts of guns, they have their own guns and they have guns to give the hundreds of shooter that come here from all over the world to claim their Stag, each Estate borders the next,... each Estate has its own keepers, and apprentise keepers,... who enjoy guns, so they have the own personal guns

Here I am talking about high powered rifles for deer,... then there are just as many shot guns for the sport of Grouse shooting,... these are the working guns,..before we even start to count the sporting guns and the gun clubs

There may be even more guns north of the border than south of it.

The only thing we dont have are the Auto Assult rifles, but in a situation after the event,.. I would personaly [ as an ex soldier ] prefer to have a good high powered rifle than an Auto assult rifle.

Exactly Highlander! In the English Midlands we have fullbore rifle shooters using private and military bolt action rifles most weekends. Many shooters own at least four rifles...K96's, Enfields, Mosins and also target rifles....black powder pistols are also very popular and if a New Army revolver can kill a person in the 1800's then I'm pretty sure it will do the same in the 2000's

Rifle and shotgun ownership is going through the roof right now.
20 December 2012, 22:07,
Thats not counting the ilegal guns, wich are easy enough to get hold of
20 December 2012, 23:18,
I used to take people out hiking - nothing to serious like a Mountain Leader, just a BELA, age range of people late teens to mid forties and I can say the average city person even with kit would put themselves in massive amounts of danger of death or an injury that would result in them being immobile and dying of exposure or at the hands of another to the point or even things such as poor decision making about when and how much water to take on, choice of routes of different topography that a lot - and I mean a lot - would be putting themselves in the position that you would have an attrition rate of 20% a day moving over rough country, expecting them to cover 12 miles a day tops.

This is with boots, good coat and hat, water bottle map and compass.

In reality, them making it out of a city, through surrounding towns to unbroken countryside in light clothing and trainers or trendy shoes with at best a cigarette lighter in their pocket - unless it is summer, they will get wet and last a couple of nights unless they can find shelter or better clothing.

This is even if they head in the direction of the country - which I believe they will not. From those that I have spoken to who were evacuated during WW2, town and city people had real problems adapting to the countryside. Nowadays I think a lot of people, on falling over in the mud would wait their to be rescued.

Those with knowledge of countryside, the surrounding topography, human nature and a bit of kit may be well placed to pitch a tent in a drystone sheep berm / enclosure on a high moor for a little while.

Think about when you drive down the M6 in the southern lakes - almost cliff like hills where rain is a constant and wind almost always is - why would anyone, most of all a city person in normal shoes and a wind cheater go walking up such a thing to get to the top where common sense says you just get to walk down again?
21 December 2012, 00:46,
if you have power you keep it! you use any means to do that so i think are gov. would ask for help from america to regain control and would trade off some power after all 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.
there is a lot of guns over here both legal and otherwise and if otherwise and you have the cash not just guns! so i'am told.
but the gov. could use its firepower to take control and i figure there would be loads of young trigger happy thugs that would work for hitler and co. brown huddies and all remember that if the gov. kills it's lawful if you kill you become wanted.
remember when moat shoot that police man every policeman, tracker and who knows who else was looking for him now compaire to joe bloggs.
never underestamite the gov. and the lenghts it will go to
to win the war, you must be willing to die