Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government still exists post-SHTF
21 December 2012, 08:43,
RE: Government still exists post-SHTF
(21 December 2012, 00:46)grumpy old man Wrote: never underestamite the gov. and the lenghts it will go to

I agree with this,...providing its to their advantage,....Big Grin, I wonder if they would still want Scotland...Big Grin
A major part of survival is invisibility.
21 December 2012, 10:25,
you may find post SHTF that TPTB will have control of London (their power base, after all) in some kind of reduced capacity, but out here and places like this in the countryside and small rural towns, we dont see a plod NOW from year to year, and all our police stations are PART-TIME, so post SHTF we will see less of them not more, and the local Councils are next to useless so dont expect anything from that quarterTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 December 2012, 22:24,
(21 December 2012, 00:46)grumpy old man Wrote: remember when moat shoot that police man every policeman, tracker and who knows who else was looking for him now compaire to joe bloggs.
never underestamite the gov. and the lenghts it will go to

Yeah, they had a large part of the fire arms and dogs squads from most police forces in England and Wales and normal cops were confined to their stations as they were being hunted by a guy with a sawn off and some bird shells. They also had:

Ray Mears
SAS Reserve troops
SAS counter revolutionary warefare troops
SAS mountain troops
Armed police from most UK forces
Dog police from most UK forces
The roads of Northern Northumberland under road block
Typhoons from RAF Coningsby must have been fitted with heat signature gear
At least one Chinook
Numerous police helicopters
Numerous other Army, Navy / Coastgaurd service heli's with heat sig gear

And that is the stuff I know about.

He lead them on a merry dance for days - the only reason they got him was because he got bored and came out. Their very real fear was that if he got up into the Simonside hills and went west, they may have never have found him. If you want to stay hidden up there, you can.

Lets remember, when Moat was doing what he was doing, the rest of the country was not in a state of chaos, TPTB were not having to deal with major ongoing incidents and similar incidents elsewhere in the country.

If it had been at the same time as a 7/7 type incident or a RIRA ASU were deciding to play, the resources sent would have been a fraction and the outcome could have been very different.

If we were in a situation where were had widespread civil disobedience to the point most of the country was without rule of law, any resources at a major forces (in this case the government) disposal would be used for immediate defence.

The military do have supplies of fuel, but not enough to go burning up chasing after guys with cupboards full of beans or small holdings hundreds of miles away from the governments base that needs protecting.

You would see the military bombing areas of major crime in some of the midland and northern cities before they went after people with a pantry and a few chickens.
21 December 2012, 22:57,
(21 December 2012, 22:24)BDG Wrote:
(21 December 2012, 00:46)grumpy old man Wrote: remember when moat shoot that police man every policeman, tracker and who knows who else was looking for him now compaire to joe bloggs.
never underestamite the gov. and the lenghts it will go to

Yeah, they had a large part of the fire arms and dogs squads from most police forces in England and Wales and normal cops were confined to their stations as they were being hunted by a guy with a sawn off and some bird shells. They also had:

Ray Mears
SAS Reserve troops
SAS counter revolutionary warefare troops
SAS mountain troops
Armed police from most UK forces
Dog police from most UK forces
The roads of Northern Northumberland under road block
Typhoons from RAF Coningsby must have been fitted with heat signature gear
At least one Chinook
Numerous police helicopters
Numerous other Army, Navy / Coastgaurd service heli's with heat sig gear

And that is the stuff I know about.

He lead them on a merry dance for days - the only reason they got him was because he got bored and came out. Their very real fear was that if he got up into the Simonside hills and went west, they may have never have found him. If you want to stay hidden up there, you can.

Lets remember, when Moat was doing what he was doing, the rest of the country was not in a state of chaos, TPTB were not having to deal with major ongoing incidents and similar incidents elsewhere in the country.

If it had been at the same time as a 7/7 type incident or a RIRA ASU were deciding to play, the resources sent would have been a fraction and the outcome could have been very different.

If we were in a situation where were had widespread civil disobedience to the point most of the country was without rule of law, any resources at a major forces (in this case the government) disposal would be used for immediate defence.

The military do have supplies of fuel, but not enough to go burning up chasing after guys with cupboards full of beans or small holdings hundreds of miles away from the governments base that needs protecting.

You would see the military bombing areas of major crime in some of the midland and northern cities before they went after people with a pantry and a few chickens.

ray mears are you joking
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 December 2012, 23:17,
I was wondering what ray mears would bring to the party Huh
21 December 2012, 23:18,
(21 December 2012, 22:57)Barneyboy Wrote: ray mears are you joking

No. They got him in to act as a tracker after finding a crude camp in the woods.

Maybe they thought his sense of smell was better than that of a tracking dog? Huh
21 December 2012, 23:19, (This post was last modified: 21 December 2012, 23:20 by Barneyboy.)
(21 December 2012, 23:17)David075 Wrote: I was wondering what ray mears would bring to the party Huh

well bugger me

(21 December 2012, 23:19)Barneyboy Wrote:
(21 December 2012, 23:17)David075 Wrote: I was wondering what ray mears would bring to the party Huh

well bugger me

any help is better than no help probably
21 December 2012, 23:37,
(21 December 2012, 23:19)Barneyboy Wrote: any help is better than no help probably

True, and while Ray Mears probably has better tracking skills than the lass in the local chip shop, I would warrant his name was brought up by a bunch of senior police managers in a meeting along the lines of:

'Well, this Moat bloke is an outdoors fellow, likes camping and sees himself as a bit of a survivalist, I have seen a chap with a programme on the BBC that is into all of that, he does flint napping and antler carving and everything. He can come up here, catch the blighter and lots of our boys can follow him around and learn some new skills'

Ray Mears arrives ferried in from his home in Sussex in a military heli, is taken out to the woods with lots of armed cops and others where he is shown Moats camp - a sheet of plastic it looks like someone has slept under.

I suspect Mears will have asked if:

1. It was just a random bit of plastic, or if some one had seen some one near it that would have been sleeping under it?

2. Where do local farmers, hunters, gamekeepers and runners think he would be taking route wise and where would this lead?

3. Where did the dogs lose the scent?

I would wager the answer to all three was 'Erm...'

There is help, there is correct help and there is using help wisely.
21 December 2012, 23:49,
what does BDG stand for pal
22 December 2012, 00:54,
The only thing missing off your list is gazza.
Its wild up past rothbury like you said bdg its easy to disapear up there.