Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting Dogs What Have You Got?
17 November 2013, 16:50,
RE: Hunting Dogs What Have You Got?
I got a jack russell, he is a clever dog. A big clever dog for protection/hunting is a good idea after TSHTF if you like dogs. Keep you warm too. Rottweilers, GSD's and Staffies are all my recommendations. They're not picky eaters so store a load of 15kg dry foods at 12-15 pounds each and your well stocked with a share of the hunt for them too. The previous post by bigpaul is a good idea and an option for me as i am good with dogs. Dogs will form packs around bitch on heat in urban areas.
20 September 2017, 23:01,
Love my dogs both are capable of catching rabbit and squirrel . They have no fear and make fantastic guards ,they go forever and can be very intimidating either alone or together and most give them a wide birth.
They are part of our bug in and out plan a no matter what.
Rhodesian ridgeback large breed.
21 September 2017, 14:47,
Said I was not going to do it but I just can not help myself!

I am not particular about the breed as long as there is plenty of lemon grass and garlic.

http://www.wikihow.com/Cook-Lemongrass-Dog
21 September 2017, 17:07,
While I am the occasional beneficiary of the neighbor's Jack Russell and reward the little bugger for good deeds executed on my behalf, I have not owned dogs in years.

I must confess that like MB, the last time I acquired a dog it was in the form of Banh Mi with lemon grass, hot peppers and a San Miguel Cerveza Negra

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
21 September 2017, 21:41,
Although i love dogs ........especially Spaniels imho the best gun dog ....after the last one had to be put down (Cocker Spaniel ) i could not go through that again.....the sil had to take her up to the vets while i was out ....like many here who owns a dog ....or any other pet...you really do get attached....in the normal scheme of things i would have just gone out and got another dog......but not this time ......might be an age thing.... but can't do it any more.....i hate goodbyes .
26 October 2017, 06:21,
Quote:Easy rider
Love my dogs both are capable of catching rabbit and squirrel . They have no fear and make fantastic guards ,they go forever and can be very intimidating either alone or together and most give them a wide birth.

Just like my cousin's Pointer. He had a hard time raising it since it was a pup, very playful tyke, but with the help of a dog training collar, he was able to train it well, turned out to be a great hunter of rabbits.
12 June 2018, 12:39,
have a pointer use it to point ducks and retrieve, plus good nose for deer.