Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
most likely shtf scenarios
30 December 2012, 06:15,
RE: most likely shtf scenarios
(29 December 2012, 19:54)Metroyeti Wrote: Disaster has struck in my town cash points arnt working so its quite amuzing seeing peple dashing around in their cars trying to find one that works.

that reminds me, im gonna need to stash a couple oh hundred round the house just in case. Would like to have more but if anything happend to the house the insurance dnt cover large amounts of cash lost.
30 December 2012, 10:48, (This post was last modified: 30 December 2012, 10:50 by Geordie_Rob.)
Without meaning to sound political, the city leaders of Newcastle, Liverpool & Sheffield are warning of social unrest & the break up of a civil society. If even the leaders of major cities are worried, I think it's a good job we are prepping. In my eyes, I think a big shtf scenario is going to be as a result of economic breakdown. Once a large group say "enough. We aren't going to be squeezed anymore", that's when I plan on bugging in & keeping my head down. I've alread got the plans for re-enforcing my windows & doors. Plywood, sheet steel & plenty timber are at the ready.

(30 December 2012, 06:15)KnockoffNeil Wrote:
(29 December 2012, 19:54)Metroyeti Wrote: Disaster has struck in my town cash points arnt working so its quite amuzing seeing peple dashing around in their cars trying to find one that works.

that reminds me, im gonna need to stash a couple oh hundred round the house just in case. Would like to have more but if anything happend to the house the insurance dnt cover large amounts of cash lost.

I'm constantly trying to stash money but everytime I get some spare, something else pops up to take it away.
30 December 2012, 11:01,
(30 December 2012, 10:48)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Without meaning to sound political, the city leaders of Newcastle, Liverpool & Sheffield are warning of social unrest & the break up of a civil society. If even the leaders of major cities are worried, I think it's a good job we are prepping. In my eyes, I think a big shtf scenario is going to be as a result of economic breakdown. Once a large group say "enough. We aren't going to be squeezed anymore", that's when I plan on bugging in & keeping my head down. I've alread got the plans for re-enforcing my windows & doors. Plywood, sheet steel & plenty timber are at the ready.
yep, saw that on the news this morning: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20869246 course, they could just be angling to be made a "special case" or to get emergency funding, i dont trust politicos!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 December 2012, 11:12,
(30 December 2012, 11:01)bigpaul Wrote: yep, saw that on the news this morning: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20869246 course, they could just be angling to be made a "special case" or to get emergency funding, i dont trust politicos!!

Probably is just idiots playing games for more cash. But I don't want to take a chance & find out they were telling the truth.
30 December 2012, 11:17,
the "chavs" will use any excuse to riot, loot and set fire to shops, just look at last years riots, a lot of places it happened had no connection to the original event(the shooting by the police that is).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 December 2012, 19:44,
That is what is worrying bigpaul ,if thugs are willing to riot and torch property for seemingly no reason,then what will they be doing if shtf.
30 December 2012, 20:49,
they wernt just torching shops peoples houses were also targeted. To lancsprepper id say start stocking up on breezeblocks and cement if its possible. woods flammable and a determined mob will have it kicked/hammerd down in not much time. walling off your downstairs makes it obvious your in there (and turns your house into a fortress) but will make you one of the last targets as there will be easier prey. And when they finally do have a go when there weak and hungry they have whatever nasties youve stored to rain down on them when they try. Thats my plan anyways, the one thing my mrs assumes is too extreme.

On a similar note if anyone knows how to make a lot of smoke that can be thrown from a window to disorientate a crowd let me know.
30 December 2012, 20:59,
Paintball type smoke will do fine. See the thread on the forum.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 December 2012, 22:27,
hmm anything paintball is usually £££££s ill have a look dude thanks for that.
30 December 2012, 22:55,
Well we were talking about flashbangs the other day,... can you buy smoke grenades?.... I dont know
A major part of survival is invisibility.