Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
most likely shtf scenarios
6 January 2013, 15:02,
RE: most likely shtf scenarios
Well I just googled `Scotland Civil defence`, and up one came, but its not the civil defence of years ago its a vollunteer organisation, that apears to be very good, but looks to be more for,.. shall we say the smaller emergency, floods landslips, fires, this kind of thing weither they have plans for anything bigger I dont know
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 January 2013, 16:33,
all i can find is some vague reference to a question in "the houses of parliament" dated 1985!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 January 2013, 16:37,
http://www.civildefencescotland.org.uk/.... this is it
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 January 2013, 16:40,
(6 January 2013, 16:37)Highlander Wrote: http://www.civildefencescotland.org.uk/.... this is it
"file not found", anyway i expect Scotland has different plans to England, Devon has no plans and no idea at all.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 January 2013, 16:52, (This post was last modified: 6 January 2013, 17:07 by BDG.)
(6 January 2013, 14:12)bigpaul Wrote: i thought "Civil Defence" units were disbanded 30 or 40 years ago??

or at least, they were in the south west.

No, it is not that type of thing. It is a statutory body. It may have changed its name to 'Fire Authority' or similar in your area, but the Fire Authorities have the same role as the Civil Defence Authorities. They are responsible for the planning and co-ordination to all none military emergencies.

Check on your council tax bill for what they are called in your area - will will pay the majority to the local council who will also collect for the police and civil defence or fire authority or what they are called in your area.

(6 January 2013, 16:40)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 January 2013, 16:37)Highlander Wrote: http://www.civildefencescotland.org.uk/.... this is it
"file not found", anyway i expect Scotland has different plans to England, Devon has no plans and no idea at all.Big Grin

Devon will have plans, as I have stated above.

Do not go looking online for them, as you will not find them. They are not published documents as it would be foolish to do so - they would be a godsend for anyone contemplating a terrorist act.

If you do want to have a look at them, the best way would be to go to college or uni an do a higher level course in Emergency and Disaster Planning or similar and then go on a visit.

Your local county archives may hold some out of date ones for things that are no longer relevant that you may be able to arrange to see.

Teignbridge District Council hosts an Emergency and Disaster planning department - it could just be for that area, but I strongly suspect the department is for Devon, Cornwall and Ilse of Scilly.

Your local resilience forum who the EDP dept feed into, and who co-ordinate the approach to EDP, business continuity and disaster response are made up of:

Devon and Cornwall Constabulary
British Transport Police
Cornwall County Fire Brigade
Devon & Somerset Fire and Rescue Service
South Western Ambulance Service NHS Trust
Cornwall Council
Devon County Council
Council of the Isles of Scilly
Plymouth City Council
Torbay Council
East Devon District Council
Exeter City Council
Mid Devon District Council
North Devon District Council
South Hams District Council
Teignbridge District Council
Torridge District Council
West Devon Borough Council
Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
Royal Devon & Exeter Foundation NHS Trust
South Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
Health Protection Agency (Cornwall/Devon Health Protection Units)
Cornwall Primary Care Trust
Devon Primary Care Trust
Plymouth Primary Care Trust
Torbay Care Trust
Maritime & Coastguard Agency (HM Coastguard)
Environment Agency

The resilience committee has input from other local organisations as and when needed.
6 January 2013, 17:22, (This post was last modified: 6 January 2013, 17:59 by bigpaul.)
Thanks BDG, but i've got better things to do! i'll make plans for what i can control, TPTB...including councils and any "civil defence" are things i have no control over! so i'll concentrate on those things i can.

the Civil Defence Corps were disbanded in 1968. any CD response these days would be provided by WRVS, The Fire Service, Search and Rescue and other similar organisations.