Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calor Gas Bottle Multi-fuel stove
4 November 2011, 12:39,
RE: Calor Gas Bottle Multi-fuel stove
I get all my bottles from Freecycle. The local dump (recycling centre) also knocks them out for less than a fiver each for the 15kg ones, i think they get a pound or two for the ones they send back to the suppliers so anything more than that makes it worth their while selling them to you. They usually have a big caage full of them.

As to how much I would be willing to pay for a converted one, it would depend on how it was built but it would have to be extremely good for me to fork out £60 like the chap who bought on from the WG did.
4 November 2011, 15:21,
had one when we lived in Glastonbury but had to leave it behind as this place is all electric, wouldn't mind another to put back for when TSHTF. the one we had,had the pipe coming out of the BACK, the top was flat and had a round section you could remove(i think to add more fuel) and you could put a kettle or a pan of stew on the top to cook, would like something like this again.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 November 2011, 19:55,
(4 November 2011, 12:39)JD1 Wrote: As to how much I would be willing to pay for a converted one, it would depend on how it was built but it would have to be extremely good for me to fork out £60 like the chap who bought on from the WG did.

Me and BP were at the WG and I didnt see any gas bottle stoves for sale, just the Frontier stove. Mind you I was busy blagging free copies of Perry Magees book Smile

4 November 2011, 20:33, (This post was last modified: 4 November 2011, 20:36 by Tortoise.)
(4 November 2011, 06:10)Kenneth Eames Wrote: Was it efficient? I've read about them in the past but have never seen one or heard how efficient they are. Kenneth Eames.

I dont know, how woud you tell? It gets warm is all.

(4 November 2011, 19:55)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(4 November 2011, 12:39)JD1 Wrote: As to how much I would be willing to pay for a converted one, it would depend on how it was built but it would have to be extremely good for me to fork out £60 like the chap who bought on from the WG did.

Me and BP were at the WG and I didnt see any gas bottle stoves for sale, just the Frontier stove. Mind you I was busy blagging free copies of Perry Magees book Smile

as I said, it was 2 year ago, they were in the feild at the back, ovr the creek. Some chap had loads to sell.

4 November 2011, 21:27,
(4 November 2011, 20:33)Tortoise Wrote:
(4 November 2011, 06:10)Kenneth Eames Wrote: Was it efficient? I've read about them in the past but have never seen one or heard how efficient they are. Kenneth Eames.

I dont know, how woud you tell? It gets warm is all.

(4 November 2011, 19:55)NorthernRaider Wrote:

as I said, it was 2 year ago, they were in the feild at the back, ovr the creek. Some chap had loads to sell.

Oops missed the year bit, Sorry.
NR

22 November 2011, 13:43,
Here is my one, I use it in the garden training area.

[Image: itZwIqeDng1hGqnUKZwJF7Y4k.jpg]

[Image: uKwOH2gXlRyVK2murKI4hIQS.jpg]

Good heat..
22 November 2011, 14:07,
nice looking stove,I've got anm empty bottle in the garden if you have five minutes : )

22 November 2011, 15:38,
Looks easy. I'm not too happy about the plate though. I'd prefer a smooth one for easier cleaning.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 November 2011, 22:28,
just a question arethese under pressure if so how how do you de pressureize them ?? seen a few about
bought a welder so in need of a project

thanks b/d
27 November 2011, 23:18,
You use an empty bottle to start with, then you leave the valve open for a few days, then apparently you slowly unscrew the valve assy from the bottle and leave it air some more. then you fill the gas bottle with water for a few days, empty and refill then cut the thing open with the water still inside with a grinder. ALL CAVEATS APPLY there is videos on You Tube showing you what to do.