Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
american recession
1 January 2013, 18:55,
RE: american recession
dont agree( that unoccupied property is a sheeple magnet post SHTF), maybe in the cities or near large towns, but there are plenty of places in my area where people dont go NOW never mind after TSHTF, i could take you to places where apart from the postie or the odd tractor they dont see anyone for weeks maybe months!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 January 2013, 19:53,
(1 January 2013, 18:47)ObongoPox Wrote: Somebody will 'pop up' sooner rather than later and cause you varying degrees of hassle depending upon how much gear you've accumulated.What are you going to do when they order you out and all your gear's there?

I still think that you are thinking of more normal times, not after an event.
I am betting that you have not ventured deep into Scottish wild countryside, you may have visited wild places by road which is a lot different

There are places left over from the clearences that are days walking from roads, if you wish to convert an exisiting place,..or in my case make my own, but a long way from any roads

Now fast forward to a time after the shtf,... first of all the job of gamekeeping [like most other jobs ] would not exist any more, no gamekeeper I know is going looking for the likes of me, to throw me off what I have,... for a start off I doubt any are that bad,.. and wouldnt be there without a wage at the end of the week, they like anyone else will be trying to survive

I doubt the estate owner would be up there,.. there would be no paying shooters to take up into the hills,...and the likes of the Lairds are better able to get what they want without trawling the hills

Both these people have families of their own,..and chances are they are not preppers, .... I am sure they would be out shooting deer if food was hard to come by,.. but that wouldnt worry me, I am well aware of where deer are likely to be and where they hardly ever go

No-one else would be deep in the hills apart from those two mentioned I assure you,... they are not walks in the park
A major part of survival is invisibility.
1 January 2013, 20:02,
i dont believe most sheeple will get 5 yards off a road, most of them wont be dressed for it...having not prepared that is....the majority of your townies wont last very long once the shelves in the supermarkets are empty and they've eaten what little they've got... thats when the great "die off" will begin....the majority wont even make it out of the cities what with starvation, disease and the street gangs picking off the ones that are left......no way are they going to even come close to where i'll be...out in the wild areas of Northern Devon!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 January 2013, 20:28,
I don't entirely disagree with either of you.We agree to partially disagree.I hate it when the thing that unites us(a prepping mindset)sets us apart.Ultimately NR was driven away by this pitting of ego against ego and what a loss NOT he was hahaha.No,seriously he was a great contributor and should return.But,anyway,that's beside the point.I know BP's location not at all and Highlander's fairly well,inc serious wild country and uninhabited coastline,but still not well enough to gauge my chances of evasion.I bow to your local knowledge,therefore.
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.
1 January 2013, 21:02,
one thing i liked about this site when i first spied it is other people to bat ideas off
we all see the perfect thing/site/bov etc. and become blinded by our baby our idea and think it's right then someone from the forum points out what we have missed sometimes we don't like it because someone has picked fault with our plan but really an outside view is what we need because our enemy will come from outside ?
better to find the weak points now with an open mined then later when were dying
by the way your all wrong and i'am right lol
to win the war, you must be willing to die
2 January 2013, 12:38,
i guess everyone's ideas are different, based on their situation and their location, the think like GOM says is we can bat ideas off each other and not take it badly when someone reminds us of something we hadn't allowed for, this forum is ideal for this as it isnt so highly regulated as some i could mention and as long as we keep it friendly we can pretty much say what we want Tongue
2 January 2013, 14:08, (This post was last modified: 2 January 2013, 14:13 by ObongoPox.)
I saw something on Channel 4's George Clarke's Amazing Spaces that resembled a conical tent suspended between 3 trees.Unfortunately I missed the episode that featured it.Something like that would be a good stealth dwelling on the Scottish coast(or anywhere).

Come to think of it,it was more pod-shaped.
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.
2 January 2013, 16:07,
(2 January 2013, 14:08)ObongoPox Wrote: I saw something on Channel 4's George Clarke's Amazing Spaces that resembled a conical tent suspended between 3 trees.Unfortunately I missed the episode that featured it.Something like that would be a good stealth dwelling on the Scottish coast(or anywhere).

Come to think of it,it was more pod-shaped.

I agree, and I am sure it would have been a good quality canvas, not the usual nylon tent material, and canvas will last for years,..and also retains heat a lot better
A major part of survival is invisibility.