Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this how it will be post SHTF?
2 January 2013, 14:43,
RE: is this how it will be post SHTF?
People were fighting over a bag of sprouts in iceland would hate to see the mob when times are hard
2 January 2013, 14:54,
this just goes to prove that their are just too many people, when you get a bank holiday or a break in the supply chain then the whole thing starts breaking down, mind you i am amazed at just how much people( as in non-preppers) buy, most of it ends up in the bin cos they buy too much and it goes over the "use before" date and they can possibly use it after it goes over dated can they??Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 January 2013, 15:13, (This post was last modified: 2 January 2013, 15:15 by Metroyeti.)
The amount of waste is unreal. Used to work on the bins so have a few keys for the different types. Annoys me that alot get locked as so much could be used by people.

Im more amazed by the amount of people on benefits on my street who are putting out boxes for 50" HD tv flat screen boxes, the same people who complain at the job centre that there payements late and carnt afford to feed the kids
2 January 2013, 15:18,
(2 January 2013, 15:13)Metroyeti Wrote: The amount of waste is unreal. Used to work on the bins so have a few keys for the different types. Annoys me that alot get locked as so much could be used by people.

yes, i would do a bit of bin diving myself if i could gain access to the skips but down here all the (supermarket) skips are behind high, locked gates and access is impossible. mind you i make up for it by going around the industrial estates instead, however thats not food.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 January 2013, 19:13,
(1 January 2013, 19:58)Scythe13 Wrote: Probably not. That'll be how the next depression plays out. In an EOTWAWKI situation, it'll be much worse!

i remember those times. there was scenes like these all over the russia.
but there were still hospitals functioning, fire brigades and at some level police force acting. and best of all they still had electric power pretty much everywhere.
so, yes, this is just a beginning.
6 January 2013, 18:26,
i think if the SHTF people wouldnt be queing for food they would be fighting for it.

Just look at some of the footage from the black friday sales in America, that was over phones and TV's, stuff that you dont really need. i hate to imagine how people would react if that was the chance of a meal and they hadnt eaten for a while.
6 January 2013, 19:04,
(6 January 2013, 18:26)Hex Wrote: i think if the SHTF people wouldnt be queing for food they would be fighting for it.

Just look at some of the footage from the black friday sales in America, that was over phones and TV's, stuff that you dont really need. i hate to imagine how people would react if that was the chance of a meal and they hadnt eaten for a while.

most people these days have no idea how to cook a meal anyway, its all convenience foods-couple of minutes in a microwave-thats not cooking, after TSHTF they wouldnt know how to cook it -no power- so they'll be eating it raw and getting all manner of diseases and health complications.
6 January 2013, 19:16,
but the problem still lies in the getting of the food, you will have the idiots fighting over food they dont know how to prepare and sadly in the process innocent people will get hurt. there is also the problem that lots of tinned foods can be eaten raw and even if you do want to cook it, its even in its own handy pot so all you need is fire.

but then again, tinned foods will only last you so long Wink
6 January 2013, 19:26,
(6 January 2013, 19:16)Hex Wrote: but the problem still lies in the getting of the food, you will have the idiots fighting over food they dont know how to prepare and sadly in the process innocent people will get hurt. there is also the problem that lots of tinned foods can be eaten raw and even if you do want to cook it, its even in its own handy pot so all you need is fire.

but then again, tinned foods will only last you so long Wink

the reason we prep is so that when the food riots start we will already have our own food stocks and so will not HAVE to go out and get injured or even killed by person or persons unknown. as far as food stocks go 12-18 months worth per person seems to be the recommended level, although you can never have too much!
6 January 2013, 19:42,
i totally agree with you, however i would expect wide spread looting to be happening within a week of the shops emptying, then because there is no food in the shops and they dont know how to hunt/grow their own or prepare it even if they did they will want yours. all it will take is the wrong person knowing your prepping or further down the line the wrong group of people noticing your not slimming down like everyone else is and then they will want what you have. If the SHTF i currently have no intention to stay home for long, im bugging in for the initial kick off then getting the hell out of the area.