Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK sinks into moral decay
6 January 2013, 10:27,
RE: UK sinks into moral decay
(6 January 2013, 00:22)BDG Wrote: Having took people out walking in the past, I can say take an average cross section of people late teens and early 20's and walk them along a footpath - within a mile they are going to be 300 yards apart down to the speed they can walk at.

If you can get yourself 600 yards from a road and with your dwelling out of site so that maybe some one on top of the next valley can see it but you hide your activity, no one is coming visiting.

its always been said that if you walk in a group you walk at the pace of the slowest person.either that or you'r leaving them lagging behind.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 January 2013, 12:14,
(4 January 2013, 21:12)Mortblanc Wrote: I read the atrticle, was not impressed.

Each and every generation has been going to hell in a bucket since "Chedder Man" asked his kid to take the trash out of the cave and the kid refused, smarted off and stormed out of the cave screaming he hated his Dad.

The very kids spoken about in this article had grandparents who had the same issues in the 1960s. I remember, I was one of them.

As for generalizing this to all city dwellers, that is a streach. As well as all the speculation about the actions of people in the cities SHTF.

Your cities in England have been in their present locations for how long?

And for what reason were they founded? Is that reason still a valid use?

And when they were stricken by plague did they dissapear?

When they were burned to the ground did they dissapear?

And when they were bombed to ruins did they dissapear?

If you want to know what will happen SHTF just look to your own history. Anything that you can imagine as a SHTF senerio, short of a nuke explosion (and the overnight distruction of Covertry comes close to that senerio), has already happened at one time or another. Your cities rose again and your people, even the city dwellers (sheeple in your language), endured.

I agree with the fact that our cities would return to some sort of normality after a certain peiod of time,.... the problem is what the cities would go through between the event and the return of `normal` people.

I dont know how long that would be, but I guess something like two months at the most, the first month people would start to get rowdy, food would be short enough to start riots and looting, ............the second month food wars would break out between the largest groups, and murder, rape and gawd knows what would have taken place.

As that period comes to an end, when the limited resources have been used up, or destroyed, its then that mobs would be forced out, its during this time that people in the rural areas would be at their most peril, as the mob would start a desperate search for suvival

During this point, the clever prepers in the city that had prepared well, and were able to keep their heads down and ride out the storm,... would start to venture out, and take back the cities,....its only when this happens that any relief would start to arrive, no relief convoy would ever enter before the mobs had left

To have some idea of what is likely to happen, at a certain time, is always going to help the preper
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 January 2013, 12:24,
(6 January 2013, 12:14)Highlander Wrote: the fact that our cities would return to some sort of normality after a certain peiod of time,.... the problem is what the cities would go through between the event and the return of `normal` people.

with all the problems we have now, then ADD in TSHTF, i dont understand people who want to return to the SAME "normalcy"!! you want to return to the same old, same old? and have the same old problems all over again? what we need is a good serious life changing SHTF and MOVE ON to a different sort of lifestyle and existence......who was it said" those who ignore the problems of history are destined to repeat them?"
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 January 2013, 12:29,
I see what you are saying, but in reality the `normal` people would have little option but to rebuild,...its not the rebuilding,...or the cites that are the problems, its the people who run them,... this would be up to whoever is left to sort out.

strangly enough, the prepers in the countryside would have a slight disadvantage here, as they would have very little imput as to what sort of system was put into place
6 January 2013, 12:33, (This post was last modified: 6 January 2013, 12:37 by bigpaul.)
(6 January 2013, 12:29)Highlander Wrote: I see what you are saying, but in reality the `normal` people would have little option but to rebuild,...its not the rebuilding,...or the cites that are the problems, its the people who run them,... this would be up to whoever is left to sort out.

strangly enough, the prepers in the countryside would have a slight disadvantage here, as they would have very little imput as to what sort of system was put into place

AND we are far enough out of the cities not to have anything to do with it.

especially if the "new" civilisation is not based on oil, it would be a long time(if ever) before any "official" would arrive in our neck of the woods.
6 January 2013, 21:51,
You people speak as if no rural governments exist in GB!

If conditions are as you say then the rural areas would remain fairly intact as the cities crumbled, which is why you wish to be there.

Yet you speak as if the rural governments will disband when the cities riot and allow local warlords (preppers) to rule the countryside.

Seems the priority would be forming a rural organization and defending from the "roving bands of looters". Those same folk you claim are too lazy to walk across the road to collect a paycheck.

Which is it?
6 January 2013, 22:17,
We think there are rural government but they don't have Apaches and Air to Ground missilles. They may have Plod who are well armed but they do not have the capability of feeding them so they won't be around long.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 January 2013, 23:42,
(6 January 2013, 21:51)Mortblanc Wrote: You people speak as if no rural governments exist in GB!

If conditions are as you say then the rural areas would remain fairly intact as the cities crumbled, which is why you wish to be there.

Yet you speak as if the rural governments will disband when the cities riot and allow local warlords (preppers) to rule the countryside.

Seems the priority would be forming a rural organization and defending from the "roving bands of looters". Those same folk you claim are too lazy to walk across the road to collect a paycheck.

Which is it?

Well there are no goverment in the Rural areas, only representive bodies doing the goverments bidding,... but these organisations would very soon crumble after an event

There are two different types of people in this country, there are the city dwellers who are usualy quite used to finding what they want very easily only having to go a short distance before finding it

....and the country dweller who often cant get what they want and have to make do or wait for a better day

Like in most countries most of the violence is in the cities, and when these people cant get what they want, these people are the ones who will spread out and look for what they need in the rurals...and bring their violence with them

It will not be the prepers who will become the warlords, it will be the city thugs who will try to force their will in the rural areas,..... if it happens this way at all

.... but I believe that most of the city thugs wont be able to survive the country side, if they ever leave I am sure they will soon return to what they know best,... where as the people in the rural areas will in most cases help out each other where possible

Prepers here are not like prepers in the US, we dont have the arms or the ability to go to war with anyone, at best we can defend,...I simply cant see a UK prepper as a warlord, its simply not the profile of a preper
7 January 2013, 03:20,
What is the profile of a prepper in your nation?

Or better yet, what is the definition of a prepper in your nation?

I could not honestly answer that question for over here since there are people that think they are preppers and are not, just as there are people that do not think they ar preppers when they are.

The psychological makeup of that diverse group is also all over the map.

Many people over here are unwilling to be grouped into the catagories of either prepper or survivalist although they engage in similar activities, but different behavior/thought patterns.

Also noted is the difference in the behavior of "thugs" in this country. Most urban thugs would never consider leaving their concrete domain and entering the rural areas. They consider it equil to a death sentence. I worked as a teacher in the prison system for several years and that was a constant.

Rural dwellers here are also a different lot. That is mostly due to our vehicle oriented culture. Everyone drives and owns a vehicle and being 30 miles in the bush is simply 30 minutes from town. What we wind up with is urban/suburban dwellers that never venture into the rural areas, except when they may pass through on a motorway, and rural dwellers that are in the urban environment constantly, but would not live there for any reason.

I fall among the latter.
7 January 2013, 12:35,
(7 January 2013, 03:20)Mortblanc Wrote: Also noted is the difference in the behavior of "thugs" in this country. Most urban thugs would never consider leaving their concrete domain and entering the rural areas. They consider it equil to a death sentence. I worked as a teacher in the prison system for several years and that was a constant.

Rural dwellers here are also a different lot. That is mostly due to our vehicle oriented culture. Everyone drives and owns a vehicle and being 30 miles in the bush is simply 30 minutes from town. What we wind up with is urban/suburban dwellers that never venture into the rural areas, except when they may pass through on a motorway, and rural dwellers that are in the urban environment constantly, but would not live there for any reason.

I fall among the latter.

very similar in this country too, many people take foreign holidays(vacations) but never venture into the countryside of their own country, even if they do they never go any further than the coast and the amusement parks!