Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
get your chimney swept!
6 January 2013, 14:15,
RE: get your chimney swept!
(6 January 2013, 12:53)Highlander Wrote: Oh, I dont completly agree with you there,.... for every member that posts on a forum, there are maybe ten others that are just looking in, these folk will never post, but they will still be learning.... ok so many of us already know the score, so in some ways we are preaching to the converted,... but even here we can never know it all,... things evolve ideas change

again, i dont disagree, but even "lurkers" who never post on the forum are learning from the threads, what i mean is those who would never come on this site..in any shape or form..........and therefore learn nothing, then WTSHTF will be screaming for the govt to save them.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 January 2013, 14:55,
And get yourself a CARBON MYNOXIDE MONITOR for £20 to £30 pounds WILL save your life
and absolute MUST .........even if you have a gas fire / boiler well worth the investment don,t forget you can,t see it....you can,t smell it...carbon mynoxide is the silent KILLER ....so get a monitor folks!!!!
6 January 2013, 17:50,
Most chimney fires are started by bird nesting material built up over the warmer spring/summer months catching fire.
Buy yourselves a chimney cowl (or cap for disused chimneys).

Cheers Juice.
walk outside the box
6 January 2013, 19:25,
i think lighting a fire common sence till last year when some campers down the road
bought logs from us and said last night we try to light fire with just paper and large logs hope less we told them how to do it paper /toilet rolls tubes/sticks /small dry logs
and they got it right
people should learn these things from mum/dad and at school
6 January 2013, 19:29,
(6 January 2013, 19:25)GrannyMike Wrote: i think lighting a fire common sence till last year when some campers down the road
bought logs from us and said last night we try to light fire with just paper and large logs hope less we told them how to do it paper /toilet rolls tubes/sticks /small dry logs
and they got it right
people should learn these things from mum/dad and at school

or from the Scouts, Guides and other such places.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.