Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation....
8 January 2013, 02:05,
RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation....
I'll let you know what happens when I get back from my meeting - get your tall glasses and ice ready..... bring you own alcohol as I won't be able to afford it until you lot pay for the lemonade Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

MA
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.
8 January 2013, 08:45,
Good luck Mike,... hopes its better news than you fear
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 January 2013, 10:42,
good luck Mike
8 January 2013, 21:34,
Well Mike where are you,.... you might be down and out,.... but I doubt you are buried yet
9 January 2013, 00:02,
Hi guys, still here...... in deeeeeep discussions with the wife. I'll check in with you guys tomorrow. Surfice to say I got options HuhUndecided

Really appreciate the support, thank you all Heart

MA
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.
9 January 2013, 00:06,
Cryptic!
9 January 2013, 00:13,
but hopfull at least
9 January 2013, 09:24,
Hi Guys, it was exactly how I thought..... I've lost a my job that pays £26,000 for a 30 hour week as a manager....

I got options though, apparently Confusedhrug:

Keep working for them with 2 options:

Doing a job that pays £13,000 for 30 hour week Monday to Friday without being the manager....... so basically doing what I'm am for 1/2 the pay.......
Doing a job that pays £15,000 for 35 hour week without being the manager........ so basically doing what I'm am on a shift that starts a 2am and finishes at 7am on a 21 days on 7 days off rota......

Take redundancy after 7 years service with them......

MA
9 January 2013, 09:57,
Cheeky feckers. I probably wouldn't have been able to resist giving him a slap! What's the redundancy package like? Lot of people here (NHS) are trying to get the redundancy offered (big overhaul at the moment) but you have to jump through a lot of hoops.

I'd start "relocating" items from the office to my home to sell on ebay Wink

I feel for you chap, certainly not one of the easiest decisions to make
9 January 2013, 10:12, (This post was last modified: 9 January 2013, 10:15 by MikeAlpha3041.)
(9 January 2013, 09:57)BeardyMan Wrote: Cheeky feckers. I probably wouldn't have been able to resist giving him a slap! What's the redundancy package like? Lot of people here (NHS) are trying to get the redundancy offered (big overhaul at the moment) but you have to jump through a lot of hoops.

I'd start "relocating" items from the office to my home to sell on ebay Wink

I feel for you chap, certainly not one of the easiest decisions to make

Yes, well.... the MD was pretty cleaver in his choice of opponent for me... I was my "line manager" whom I have a great relationship with, we were/are more like work-mates if you get what I mean, he's a few years older than I and is being "used" as much as the rest of us, I kinda feel for him......

The "package" is literally the bare bones - Seven weeks notice in lieu and statutory redundancy pay total "all in" about £4750......

MA

(9 January 2013, 09:57)BeardyMan Wrote: I'd start "relocating" items from the office to my home to sell on ebay Wink

I work from home so I already "own" the lappy...... nothing else to be had Sad