Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency feeding
11 January 2013, 23:34,
Emergency feeding
I found this on-line, and found it of great interest,.. I realise its a bit out of date, but somehow I doubt that things have changed a great deal,... how could they I keep asking myself,... what can the authorities realy do to solve the problem of feeding millions after an attack

If ever there was a reason to be a preper its this,... dont get me wrong, I would be joining the que`s awaiting my food and complaining along with everyone else when it didnt turn up, but then I wouldnt want to draw attention to myself,... but knowing that I had a substantial supply of my own would make life sooo much better

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/features/sfs/file_14.htm
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 January 2013, 00:11,
RE: Emergency feeding
Very interesting. I like the Field Cookers. Reminds me of when I did my camp leader training weekend as a Scout Leader. We were tasked with cooking a full roast dinner in an oven made out of an old dustbin on an open fire. It worked just fine!

The naivety of these old civil defence strategies is amusing though. But I agree, it reminds one just how insulated one can be from a lot of this if one has sufficient preps in terms of supplies, fuel and cooking equipment. I noticed on the news reports of Hurricane Sandy that people were running out of food and/or unable to cook anything within 24 hours of the storm hitting. I can't imagine running that lean. Even without taking prep stores into account, I reckon we could last well over a fortnight just cobbling together stuff that's in the regular food cupboard.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.