Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trusting strangers
12 January 2013, 19:33,
RE: Trusting strangers
(12 January 2013, 19:15)Hex Wrote: however as has been said, it could be another prepper. it could be they stumbled across you accidentally or maybe you found them, what if it was someone just out foraging for they're family? the last thing I want to ever do is hurt someone who has honest, good intentions .

the trouble with that is, they now know where your BOL is and can now blab about this to other people, before you know you've got a mob banging on your door demanding to be let in! i'm sorry, but anyone (uninvited) even anywhere in the vicinity of my BOL is a post SHTF situation will have to be "dealt" with !Angel
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 January 2013, 19:33,
(12 January 2013, 19:15)Hex Wrote: I totally agree with those against trusting people, I understand your side of it completely. people are dangerous to be around at the best of times so in the worst of times God knows how they would react.

however as has been said, it could be another prepper. it could be they stumbled across you accidentally or maybe you found them, what if it was someone just out foraging for they're family? the last thing I want to ever do is hurt someone who has honest, good intentions especially if they could be useful to me. even if they had no survival knowledge they could learn and contribute

good and bad people all taste the same cooked palSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
12 January 2013, 20:00,
(12 January 2013, 19:33)Barneyboy Wrote: good and bad people all taste the same cooked palSmile

well I found human to smell like pork when cooked/burnt, just hope it tastes like pork too Smile if the need does arise best tasting places are ment to be inner thigh.

however remember what's good for the goose is good for the gander, you might be out foraging, stray too far from home and end up on someone's plate too.
12 January 2013, 20:08,
(12 January 2013, 20:00)Hex Wrote:
(12 January 2013, 19:33)Barneyboy Wrote: good and bad people all taste the same cooked palSmile

well I found human to smell like pork when cooked/burnt, just hope it tastes like pork too Smile if the need does arise best tasting places are ment to be inner thigh.

however remember what's good for the goose is good for the gander, you might be out foraging, stray too far from home and end up on someone's plate too.

yeb well hope i give emm the shitsSmile
12 January 2013, 20:11,
dog soldiers?
12 January 2013, 20:13,
I suppose time scale comes into it.....within say 8 months pshtf things might be different....even then ....i would not trust anyone....after all they have survived ....could be a prepper? or a real bad arse .....or both
12 January 2013, 20:16,
Trust no one that way you will not be disappointed
Failure is NOT an option
12 January 2013, 20:33,
(12 January 2013, 20:11)Hex Wrote: dog soldiers?

thats were its fromSmile cheers ,love the film
12 January 2013, 22:04,
(12 January 2013, 20:13)Straight Shooter Wrote: I suppose time scale comes into it.....within say 8 months pshtf things might be different....even then ....i would not trust anyone....after all they have survived ....could be a prepper? or a real bad arse .....or both

This is the real answer to this question,..., we prep to live though a situation, not to be isolated for years when we dont need to be,.. there has to be a time when its all over and you have survived.

You might still not trust,..I wouldnt, but I still think there will come a time when you will have to test the waters, a time when you come to the surface,... how long that might be will be up to individuals.

The chances are that anyone who has survived after 8 months or so, will have been a preper, because prepers also think about their security,...if someone has survived by taking from others,... well I think most people will see signs of that

...and beside, your stores might well be running out after 8 months, and you maybe forced out
A major part of survival is invisibility.
13 January 2013, 10:16, (This post was last modified: 13 January 2013, 10:40 by bigpaul.)
(12 January 2013, 22:04)Highlander Wrote: This is the real answer to this question,..., we prep to live though a situation, not to be isolated for years when we dont need to be,..

if someone has survived by their own actions why do they EVER need anyone else after that? by surviving alone or in a family group we have proved that we can survive and thrive alone. i guess some people just NEED to be around other people but i'm NOT one of them.

sorry, but i dont understand this compunction to be with other people, most people will lie, cheat and even kill sometimes to get what they want, post SHTF this behaviour will be 100 times worse, we have a civilisation now which seems to be of the "me, me, me" and " i want it, it's my right" school of thought and after any event this would only get worse, with people resorting to violence and murder to get what the want.most people are not nice to be around and in some situations they can be downright nasty.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.