Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canning App
15 January 2013, 16:09,
Canning App
Hi I dont know if this has been mentioned before. This is quote from the website.

Have a smart phone or ipad? Download the free MOTHER EARTH NEWS How to Can App via Apple or Android. Our easy-to-use app takes the mystery out of both water bath and pressure canning with straightforward charts and instructions. The app will also get you set up with enough delicious, nutritious recipes to fill your pantry shelves with a rainbow of fruits and vegetables.

Read more: http://www.motherearthnews.com/canning.a...z2I3b6Izmz
15 January 2013, 17:45,
RE: Canning App
Yes,.. the trouble is that this is American, and you will have the devils own job to get a canning machine in the UK
A major part of survival is invisibility.
15 January 2013, 17:51,
ah didnt realise it was hard to get a canning machine in uk. I will have to sort it with my friend in the usa to get it shipped over
15 January 2013, 18:21, (This post was last modified: 15 January 2013, 18:27 by Bracken.)
You can get one in this cuntry called a Presto canner, but they are over a 100 pounds I think the difference between a Presto and the all American is the Presto has a seperate seal, the American is a metal to metal seal,.. and seals go often.....The all American is the best, but getting it is difficult because its only on sale in the US,.. the shipping cost are very high, let alone the custom tax.

The way that I have been told to do it is, to either go on the American or Canadian Ebay, and try and get a secondhand one,... or get a friend in one of these countries to buy a secondhand one and ask them [ either the Ebay seller, or the friend ] to mark it down as for personal use,..[ I think thats the wording ]

http://www.gardengiftshop.co.uk/acatalog...nners.html

heres the Presto canner