Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How organised are your Preps ?
4 November 2011, 21:48,
How organised are your Preps ?
I just spent 3 hours emptying bags and looking everywhere for my favourite winter hat which I eventually found in my "Get Home Bag" in the car. Angry

I have a BOB in the house, a mini BOB for the beloved, stuff stashed in a Vest, a GHB in the car, another bag in the car so that I can adapt the GHB to the event if necessary, loads of kit in the campervan and I have a big drawer for stuff I buy/make but have yet to find a home for.

I try my best to keep an updated list of where things are but as the wasted 3 hours tonight prove, I struggle to keep it up to date

How to you keep track of all your kit ?

How the Hat ended up packed away in the GHB I have no idea so logically I blamed the wife Big Grin
5 November 2011, 15:13,
RE: How organised are your Preps ?
I make a list of my items, put it in a plastic bag and attach that to the bags, boxes, etc. themselves. A master list is stored on a spreadsheet in the computer. You want something just look for it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 November 2011, 23:30,
sometimes you just need duplication and for other times the wife knows where she's put it
to win the war, you must be willing to die
6 November 2011, 01:31,
I have an inventory on my laptop. I keep a spreadsheet and update it when I add to me preps.
6 November 2011, 09:44,
Quote:I have an inventory on my laptop. I keep a spreadsheet and update it when I add to me preps.

I have a spreadsheet, it's the keeping it up to date I seem to be having a problem with. Periodically I will get it completely up together but I am constantly adding and taking away from various bags depending on the season and any new purchases, and at least twice a year I take everything out and reorganise it, check BB dates etc.

I need barcodes on everything, I could just scan them into their locations then Smile
6 November 2011, 10:32,
all our food is in the larder and is strictly rotated, my GHB is in the bedroom where i can grab it quick, my box of "useful" items and my water containers are in the garage.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.