19 January 2013, 20:13,
RE: How to survive snow - Except teachers
Oh right. that explains it then.
19 January 2013, 20:49,
We never used to be this pathetic
19 January 2013, 21:03,
(19 January 2013, 19:58)Metroyeti Wrote: Have you not heard of british snow its much worse than snow anywere else in the world, 2inches here=20 foot elsewere lol

Well,... this is true,... dont get me wrong, I am on your side, but it does happen that we do get different snow to many other countries.

In many other countries where they get snow regular it is a lot colder than our climate, Norway, America, Sweden, Switzerland, all these place have a more constant colder temp.,.... their snow has a crispness to it, a sort of ice covering that makes it quite easy to drive on, because it offers grip

In this country, our temps are a lot higher, in the low minus, as opposed to the - 40s that many other countries get,..so this make the snow a lot more slippy, it lacks the crispness that would normaly offer the grip

I went to Norway on a extreme snow driving course in the Army.............. I will go and stand in the corner now, shall I?Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 January 2013, 22:08,
(19 January 2013, 21:03)Highlander Wrote:
(19 January 2013, 19:58)Metroyeti Wrote: Have you not heard of british snow its much worse than snow anywere else in the world, 2inches here=20 foot elsewere lol

Well,... this is true,... dont get me wrong, I am on your side, but it does happen that we do get different snow to many other countries.

In many other countries where they get snow regular it is a lot colder than our climate, Norway, America, Sweden, Switzerland, all these place have a more constant colder temp.,.... their snow has a crispness to it, a sort of ice covering that makes it quite easy to drive on, because it offers grip

In this country, our temps are a lot higher, in the low minus, as opposed to the - 40s that many other countries get,..so this make the snow a lot more slippy, it lacks the crispness that would normaly offer the grip

I went to Norway on a extreme snow driving course in the Army.............. I will go and stand in the corner now, shall I?Smile

Having lived in both countries I would agree there is a truth to this also. Canadian cold is far worse and yet I have found the winter weather here gets to me much more as its such a wet cold!.. that and as you say it melts, it freezes, it melts again. However I do think it wouldn't do any harm to include some basic driving in snow and on ice skills in driving lessons. But also in Canada we change our tires as soon as winter hits. We put snow tires on... here its only needed for a week or so at most so it seems so pointless to do it.