Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyday Sheepdogs?
21 January 2013, 18:36,
RE: Everyday Sheepdogs?
Your first priority when giving first aid is to access the situation. If its too dangerous to do anything without risking injury, don't do anything. You'll only become another casualty that has to be dealt with.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
21 January 2013, 19:40,
Unfortunatly im to soft and try and help and usualy get covered in vomit in the process Sad
21 January 2013, 20:57,
I would help with the car crash, depending on the situation, and how bad it was,.. I would help with the normal type of accident,... but I think I would try to keep away,...and keep others away if it involved fire,.... there is little chance of personal harm from the first one,... but depending on how bad, the second one could be a killer for the rescuer

The building fire, I was told never to enter,... for a start off the chances are that you would not know the layout, and therefore put yourself at risk of getting stuck inside,..and secondly a fireman could do the job safer and faster
A major part of survival is invisibility.
21 January 2013, 21:19,
Like everything in life circumstances are so different you make different decisions. For example a fire at a neighbours house where you know the layout and know there are kids in there. You may decide to take a risk then.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 January 2013, 22:35,
Yes,.. that may well be very different, you not only know the layout, you know the people,...I know that knowing someone or not shouldnt really make a difference,... but in reality,...again depending how bad things are,... its something that will help you in deciding what you are willing to risk
A major part of survival is invisibility.
22 January 2013, 17:18,
I look back at the plane crash in a frozen lake. People were standing on a bridge while others in the water were drowning or freezing to death.

Does anyone have equipment in their car that could allow them to get over there and start saving lives, or is that another situation where it'd be safer to watch?

Again, there is no right or wrong answer. Just honesty. Metroyeti, perfect answer! It's just honest.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 January 2013, 18:25,
If I seen a plane crash I think I would go into shock/shit myself
23 January 2013, 11:43,
(22 January 2013, 18:25)Metroyeti Wrote: If I seen a plane crash I think I would go into shock/shit myself

Perfectly honest answer.

It'd be a hard call to make, but who knows how we would react. All we can do now is speculate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
23 January 2013, 21:56,
no idea what I'd do ...

Like to think in the current world I try and help but I'm not sure how I'd react until it happened

Post SHTF I think the mind set would be such that most would get out of the way and leave any situation behind as they get out of the way fast