Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended purchases
8 December 2011, 20:23,
RE: Recommended purchases
(8 December 2011, 19:47)bowdrill Wrote: ahmm gods country Wales sorry boys lol Smile

Baaaaaaaah

9 December 2011, 10:29,
Nah!, thats sheep country-where the men are men and the sheep look worried!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 December 2011, 23:01,
just think were that salty taste comes from boys lol Smile
20 December 2011, 23:26,
Why are every welshmans girlfiends called Baaabara Bach Smile

22 May 2012, 21:47,
Applying for my SGC at the moment, and just got back from the rifle range, so I can start my FAC ASAP. Not going to do them at the same time - I know it's cheaper etc, but I want to get the SGC as soon as possible Smile

Tonight was the first time firing anything more powerful than a 22 air rifle / paintball gun. Great fun. Going back next week to join up and shoot some more Big Grin
22 May 2012, 22:23,
(22 May 2012, 21:47)00111001 Wrote: Applying for my SGC at the moment, and just got back from the rifle range, so I can start my FAC ASAP

Good man.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 May 2012, 22:41,
. Going back next week to join up and shoot some more Big Grin
[/quote]

Well done that man.. PSG is the beesknees my friend! Big Grin

22 May 2012, 22:56, (This post was last modified: 22 May 2012, 23:10 by Tonka.)
I used to shoot, and belonged to a local club... but I shot handguns, so you know how that story ends. AngryAngryAngry
After the ban I stuck to air rifles in a sulk.

I keep getting tempted again, particularly for a SGC, but I'm unsure I want to be on the list. When I was a bouncer, I soon learnt that I need to train very hard in martial arts, but have no record of training in them. At the time if you were a black belt at anything 'reasonable force' became very skewed. in the eyes of the law.
The trouble is, you can train your body on the quiet, but you can't get a gun without being on a list. Although, I don't actually do anything wrong, I'm not the shooting intruder type, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm afraid of being on a list for?

I also have nowhere to use a shotgun... where do other people use them?

note: by 'not the shooting intruder type', I don't mean I'm a hippy... I just prefer the hands on approach. That way you remain the hero and they remain the criminal. I don't recommend this approach to everyone though... it's usually just kids,or 9 stone junkies but it still comes with risks.
(22 May 2012, 21:47)00111001 Wrote: Applying for my SGC at the moment, and just got back from the rifle range, so I can start my FAC ASAP. Not going to do them at the same time - I know it's cheaper etc, but I want to get the SGC as soon as possible Smile

Tonight was the first time firing anything more powerful than a 22 air rifle / paintball gun. Great fun. Going back next week to join up and shoot some more Big Grin

Do you have anywhere good you are planning to use the shotgun?

22 May 2012, 23:12, (This post was last modified: 22 May 2012, 23:49 by Timelord.)
If TSHTF or PSHTF = WROL, then the scenario will be different & a hands on approach will not be the best choice. Proficiency with shotties prior to any SHTF event is a good move.
Most people use shotguns for sport in a civilian setting for clay pigeon shooting. You can find clubs doing this easily online. There are some clubs that do Practical Shotgun.Big Grin. This is basically the PC wording of Combat Shotgun. It is a recognised modern sport Worldwide and instead of shooting at man shaped targets nowadays, you shoot at small metal plates. The courses of fire vary considerably and can involve proceeding through corridors/rooms and having moving or disappearing targets etc. There are many variations of stage set ups. Last weekend I had great fun taking part in a comp at my club. It was 9 stages long which also included us shooting slug at 50 yards and again at 15 at a fast moving bobbing target. It was surprising how many, including v.experienced shooters missed the 50yard slug targets. This is all regulated officially recognised institutions like the UKPSA.
http://www.ukpsa.co.uk

Section 1 Shotguns are generally as cheap as or cheaper second hand than section 2 shotguns due to the limited number of licence holders. A good quality pump gun can be had for as little as £200 from a dealer. On a normal day practising, we get through about 100 shells on average and that is taking our time and having a natter etc. There is 25 to a box and a box is about £4 to £5. Club membership is around £100 per year with all its facilities. You can spend a lot or little as you wish depending on what you buy and wether new or not. The shells at £18 for the day practising is fairly cheap for a hobby nowadays + membership divided by the number of attendances. A decent gun cabinet will be required - from £40 to £100 second hand.

There is a very good club down south called "Shield Shooting Centre". Some of the guys came up at the weekend and they were darn good shots. They are on the gun club forum too.

If you wish to know any more, then just PM me. Regards, TL
http://www.ipsc.org/ipsc/tellmemore.php
23 May 2012, 00:34,
(22 May 2012, 23:12)Timelord Wrote: If TSHTF or PSHTF = WROL, then the scenario will be different & a hands on approach will not be the best choice. Proficiency with shotties prior to any SHTF event is a good move.

There are some clubs that do Practical Shotgun.Big Grin. This is basically the PC wording of Combat Shotgun.

There is a very good club down south called "Shield Shooting Centre". Some of the guys came up at the weekend and they were darn good shots. They are on the gun club forum too.

If you wish to know any more, then just PM me. Regards, TL
http://www.ipsc.org/ipsc/tellmemore.php

Practical Shotgun... now I like the sound of that. I'll do some research and then PM you to fill in the gaps if I may.

I have had a quick look at that club. It's about 100 miles away through some very trafficy Dorset roads, but I head that way just for the Tank museum often enough. I'll look into that more. Very interesting.

Yes, my hands on approach is very much for the current state of law & order. If it was WROL, then an intruder situation wouldn't even be comparable. I'm far from unarmed as it is. It just doesn't pay to use a weapon if you don't have to in this time of 'justice'.

The point I was making (in a rambling kind of way) was, I'm not doing anything wrong now, I don't plan to do anything wrong if I have a gun, so why am I nervous about being on the list? I'm not actually sure myself on that.