Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this is what pisses me off
24 January 2013, 23:00,
RE: this is what pisses me off
(24 January 2013, 22:56)BDG Wrote:
(24 January 2013, 22:44)Highlander Wrote: I dont see why not,... if I was injured, I would much prefer my wife to care for me, than I would want a stranger,.. the stranger would be paid to do the service,.... so why not the wife?

Dignity, sanctity or marriage, possible conflict of interest, possibility of fraud, the idea that the state is more of an important provider of care than the family...

maybe his family have not got the funds to help that much that is were the taxs we all pay will be there for him
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
24 January 2013, 23:06,
(24 January 2013, 22:44)Highlander Wrote: I dont see why not,... if I was injured, I would much prefer my wife to care for me, than I would want a stranger,.. the stranger would be paid to do the service,.... so why not the wife?

Dignity, sanctity or marriage, possible conflict of interest, possibility of fraud, the idea that the state is more of an important provider of care than the family...

You are dead right `Dignity` does play a big part here,... it goes along with the fact that he wouldnt want anything if he didnt need it,.... but if he has to take help, he would rather keep it as quiet as possible, and be seen to be managing ok,... rather than being `seen` as a scronger,.... I have seen guys badly hurt shouting to stay with their mates because they dont want to be seen being carried away,... of course they have dignity and Pride

So to be given the privacy of having his wife payed to care for him,..is a small thing for authorities to do,... but a massive boast for the injured squadie
A major part of survival is invisibility.
24 January 2013, 23:12,
(24 January 2013, 22:53)BDG Wrote:
(24 January 2013, 22:46)Barneyboy Wrote: he faught for the UK got hurt too time for the UK and now you say why should we help him!!!

It has been medically determined he does not need help.

Well if an assessor has decided he is fit & well then he must be. Oh wait, the assessor has been given a job of finding as many people fit as possible. I'm sure I read somewhere that about 75% of the cases appealed are won. Not because they're work shy but because they are unfit for work

The guy fought for his country, was very seriously injured & could've died. Even if he came home skipping & dancing, I would rather he got benefits than lay-about c**ts who've never worked & never will.
24 January 2013, 23:13,
(24 January 2013, 23:06)Highlander Wrote:

You are dead right `Dignity` does play a big part here,... it goes along with the fact that he wouldnt want anything if he didnt need it,.... but if he has to take help, he would rather keep it as quiet as possible, and be seen to be managing ok,... rather than being `seen` as a scronger,.... I have seen guys badly hurt shouting to stay with their mates because they dont want to be seen being carried away,... of course they have dignity and Pride

So to be given the privacy of having his wife payed to care for him,..is a small thing for authorities to do,... but a massive boast for the injured squadie

it £70.00 pound aweek for gods sake, ian duncan smith charged the tax payer£ 39.00 a day for breakfast ,and thats just one of them BDG you must be rich to be so judge mental
24 January 2013, 23:18,
There was a big debate about the company who does the assesments. They sponsored the paralympics wich annoyed alot of people as there saying alot of disabled are fit to work when they carnt
24 January 2013, 23:20,
(24 January 2013, 23:18)Metroyeti Wrote: There was a big debate about the company who does the assesments. They sponsored the paralympics wich annoyed alot of people as there saying alot of disabled are fit to work when they carnt

yeah the name you looking for is ATOS
24 January 2013, 23:55,
(24 January 2013, 23:12)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Well if an assessor has decided he is fit & well then he must be. Oh wait, the assessor has been given a job of finding as many people fit as possible. I'm sure I read somewhere that about 75% of the cases appealed are won. Not because they're work shy but because they are unfit for work

The guy fought for his country, was very seriously injured & could've died. Even if he came home skipping & dancing, I would rather he got benefits than lay-about c**ts who've never worked & never will.

It is about 40%, not 75% and it is not surprising - I expect a lot of people turn it on for the appeal, get help from disability charities and so on and some may be having worsening symptoms. Simple fact is, if you can get yourself to a protest, a march, on TV or phone into a TV or radio program, you can do work of sorts.

Too long has it been that a case of 'cannot do something' meant 'cannot do anything'. No one is saying all people on disability should go and be brickies labourers, but they can do something.

It does not matter that he is ex forces, he should and is entitled to the same as everyone else.

Now, he broke the law and the rules of his benefit by not informing the DWP of a change in his medical circumstances which he will have known he should have done.

Rules are rules. I do not like them, you do not like them, but while we have them, we have to live by them.
25 January 2013, 05:55,
He hasn't said he can't do anything. In fact he quite clearly states he can & does do plenty. He is just asking for the little bit help.

I know I have read it is a lot closer to 3 out of 4 people who appeal win. No I can't provide a source to back this up I'm afraid.

As for being ex forces, it should make all the difference. If they have been injured fighting in the name of our country, they should be treated like kings IMO.
25 January 2013, 10:40,
its how they treat EVERYONE not just ex military.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 January 2013, 10:59,
And yet men and women still join up and fight and die for politicians lies. I wonder if he feels proud now, knowing what a bunch of bastards his country is run by.