Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this is what pisses me off
25 January 2013, 11:45,
RE: this is what pisses me off
(25 January 2013, 10:59)Tartar Horde Wrote: And yet men and women still join up and fight and die for politicians lies. I wonder if he feels proud now, knowing what a bunch of bastards his country is run by.

LIONS LED BY LAMBS
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
28 January 2013, 21:33,
Panorama is about cases like this tonight
28 January 2013, 21:37,
Again this moral tragedy is something we cannot do anything about directly, BUT indirectly you can help by donating to Help For Heros etc SSAFA etc, I'm penniless so the best I can do is volunteer driver for a local charity for homeless folks, many of these poor bastards are homeless ex servicemen, I drive to pick em up and deliver em to places where they can get a free bed for the night, not much but at least I try.

28 January 2013, 21:55,
I'm going to agree with Northern Raider here. My OH suffers from PTSD (he had one hell of a time in the Falklands), and he did receive more assistance from people like the British Legion than from the MOD. The newer charities, Help for Heroes and suchlike do a grand job, but they do need funds. There seems to be a gap in the realisation of the problems suffered by servicemen and the actual scale of assistance they need and receive. The recorded numbers of ex-servicemen actually living on the streets and suffering mental problems is horrendous. Unfortunately they seem to be increasing.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 January 2013, 22:03,
They the MOD and Charities appear to be dealing with the mental and physical damage to the veterans and money is flowing gradually that way, but the guys I care for are the vets who end up homeless because they cannot cope with civvy street, turn to drink, crime, drugs depression and again theres sweet FA I can do about that, but I can pick em up in my old van and take em to various rest stops and shelters.

Ever seen a Veteran be told he is not eligable for a council flat only to find out ex Iraqi and Afghan fighters who arrive here illegaly get housed? I have and it was heartbreaking. Total and utter betrayal by both branches of government.

BUT again I say we cannot do anything about the causal issues we can only react to them as they affect us directly, I dont need to go looking for bad things in life that threaten my family, theres enough to deal with now.

28 January 2013, 22:14,
(28 January 2013, 22:03)NorthernRaider Wrote: They the MOD and Charities appear to be dealing with the mental and physical damage to the veterans and money is flowing gradually that way, but the guys I care for are the vets who end up homeless because they cannot cope with civvy street, turn to drink, crime, drugs depression and again theres sweet FA I can do about that, but I can pick em up in my old van and take em to various rest stops and shelters.

Ever seen a Veteran be told he is not eligable for a council flat only to find out ex Iraqi and Afghan fighters who arrive here illegaly get housed? I have and it was heartbreaking. Total and utter betrayal by both branches of government.

BUT again I say we cannot do anything about the causal issues we can only react to them as they affect us directly, I dont need to go looking for bad things in life that threaten my family, theres enough to deal with now.

Good on you.
28 January 2013, 22:20,
(28 January 2013, 22:14)MaryN Wrote: BUT again I say we cannot do anything about the causal issues we can only react to them as they affect us directly, I dont need to go looking for bad things in life that threaten my family, theres enough to deal with now.

Good on you.
[/quote]

Not really Mary, I ended up sleeping in a bin store in Taunton for a while, then in a multi story car park in Teesside before someone from the Regimental Association persuaded the YMCA to give me a room of my own, chuffed to buggery I was it gave me back my dignity Smile So its not good on me, it just me repaying debts any way I can.

28 January 2013, 22:29,
(28 January 2013, 21:37)NorthernRaider Wrote: Again this moral tragedy is something we cannot do anything about directly, BUT indirectly you can help by donating to Help For Heros etc SSAFA etc, I'm penniless so the best I can do is volunteer driver for a local charity for homeless folks, many of these poor bastards are homeless ex servicemen, I drive to pick em up and deliver em to places where they can get a free bed for the night, not much but at least I try.

well what can i say mate ,nice one
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
29 January 2013, 06:26,
(28 January 2013, 22:20)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(28 January 2013, 22:14)MaryN Wrote: BUT again I say we cannot do anything about the causal issues we can only react to them as they affect us directly, I dont need to go looking for bad things in life that threaten my family, theres enough to deal with now.

Good on you.

Not really Mary, I ended up sleeping in a bin store in Taunton for a while, then in a multi story car park in Teesside before someone from the Regimental Association persuaded the YMCA to give me a room of my own, chuffed to buggery I was it gave me back my dignity Smile So its not good on me, it just me repaying debts any way I can.
[/quote]

Well what can I say, thanks goodness there are people like you around.
29 January 2013, 11:17,
we got involved with a homeless charity when we lived in Glastonbury, helped out where we could with clothes and stuff, i dont know if any were ex military they tended to keep very quiet about their backgrounds, a lot were on drink and drugs or had mental problems, if you were on Benefits in Glastonbury NONE of the private landlords would rent to JSA claimants, so they were all sleeping rough, in the 10 years we lived there we saw all the same old faces time after time, none of them were rehoused not even the ones with kids. eventually the "drop in centre" lost funding and closed and all the people we knew were forced out of the town by the Sheeple, i believe a lot of them have moved onto Wells and further afield( according to my contact who i saw last time i was there).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.