Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
28 January 2013, 17:21,
RE: Profile
Hey ...there is NOBODY worse than me for swearing as you can see in my posts...but not the C word mind..i just feel thats a no no in front of women..thats all...i use the c word all the time amongst the boys but its not on ....on here...its only my opinion no more no less you can take it or leave it... its up to you
28 January 2013, 18:46,
SS is right some words are just not meant for public consumption if we are going to look professional and respectable.

28 January 2013, 21:42,
I agree completely,... even as a Squadie were swore like troopers, but never in front of a woman
A major part of survival is invisibility.
27 February 2013, 22:54,
(27 January 2013, 00:42)Highlander Wrote: I have always been a fan of filling in a profile properly,... now I am not saying we should all do it, its up to each and everyone of us to either do so or not

What I personly would like to see, is the sex of the person and the county in which they live added to their profiles.

There are so many threads where these two pieces of information make a difference to whats being said,.. the thread on snow conditions for instance meant very little if the poster said, `its snow like crazy here` if we dont know where he or she is.

...I am not going to mention any post that may or may not be from a female, but I think you can understand why knowing what sex wrote it could have an impact on how we read or understand the post

I wonder if I can be cheeky enough to `bump` this thread up again
28 February 2013, 10:25,
I hadn’t realised I was listed as `other` anyway its updated.
As for swearing I agree aint so good, but doesn’t bother me
28 March 2013, 09:35,
(27 January 2013, 00:42)Highlander Wrote: I have always been a fan of filling in a profile properly,... now I am not saying we should all do it, its up to each and everyone of us to either do so or not

What I personly would like to see, is the sex of the person and the county in which they live added to their profiles.

There are so many threads where these two pieces of information make a difference to whats being said,.. the thread on snow conditions for instance meant very little if the poster said, `its snow like crazy here` if we dont know where he or she is.

...I am not going to mention any post that may or may not be from a female, but I think you can understand why knowing what sex wrote it could have an impact on how we read or understand the post

I think there are some people who, because of the nature of what this site is about are maybe not too comfortable with giving too much information about them. When all's said and done, if TSHTF survival/safety could be compromised by someone who at first glance seemed to be someone on the same wavelength. No disrespect.... but I don't know any of you...... There will allways be a certain level of paranoia here. There has to be.
Mar sin leat
28 March 2013, 09:43,
I agree with you, but there is no chance of knowing where you are if you were to put down Staffordshire, or East of Scotland,..... but that information does make a difference to many of peoples posts,... if you are talking bugging out, or weather, or immigration even,..all these subjects benefit the rest of us if we know where the poster is from..... roughly
28 March 2013, 10:07,
right oh, changed location from southwest to dorset, aint no big secret anywho xD
28 March 2013, 13:04,
OK Fair point.
Mar sin leat
28 March 2013, 21:12,
Thanks guys