Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Homeless
30 January 2013, 10:28,
RE: Homeless
(30 January 2013, 10:22)bigpaul Wrote:
(30 January 2013, 10:17)BeardyMan Wrote:
(30 January 2013, 10:16)bigpaul Wrote: i thought the GOVT was capping housing benefit at £400 per WEEK??

But then what would all the massive families who have £3million houses in Primrose Hill do? Wink

weell, they will have to move to somewhere more affordable wont they?? i'm pretty much out of date on private rents, we're HA tenants, our rent on a 2 bed semi is under £80 per week.

But that, Sir, would be an affront to their human rights! You can' expect the poor immigrant family to move from a multi-million pound house, to a 3 bed semi in Doncaster. How very dare you Tongue
30 January 2013, 11:05,
how many are there in these £3.000.000 homes that all them people are in think its one or two not hundreds!!
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
30 January 2013, 11:27,
(30 January 2013, 11:05)Barneyboy Wrote: how many are there in these £3.000.000 homes that all them people are in think its one or two not hundreds!!

You'd be surprised. There's a couple of well known muslim families who have multi-million pound houses in central london, provided by the tax payer. There are more than you think. The £3 million figure was just plucked out of my head. But whether it's 1 or 1000 families, if you're not paying for it yourself you should be living in the cheapest accommodation that can be found for you, not in some swanky pad in one of the countries most desirable (to some) location.
30 January 2013, 13:30,
(30 January 2013, 10:18)Metroyeti Wrote: I dont understand how people get more? As someone who normaly works and never claimed before I get 70 a week jsa, and 55housing benefit

It is based on average rents in your local authority. As you said, under 35, you are only entitled to what the average rent it for a room in shared accommodation if you are single and no kids.

When the more rent for extra bed room thing comes in, those on housing benefit to which it applies will have there benefit reduced. Only right too, when you are getting support from the state it should be the absolute bare minimum paid out for the needs.
30 January 2013, 13:47,
(30 January 2013, 11:27)BeardyMan Wrote:
(30 January 2013, 11:05)Barneyboy Wrote: how many are there in these £3.000.000 homes that all them people are in think its one or two not hundreds!!

You'd be surprised. There's a couple of well known muslim families who have multi-million pound houses in central london, provided by the tax payer. There are more than you think. The £3 million figure was just plucked out of my head. But whether it's 1 or 1000 families, if you're not paying for it yourself you should be living in the cheapest accommodation that can be found for you, not in some swanky pad in one of the countries most desirable (to some) location.

but how many exactly because its all here say and daily mail talk until then
30 January 2013, 13:47,
(30 January 2013, 13:30)BDG Wrote: When the more rent for extra bed room thing comes in, those on housing benefit to which it applies will have there benefit reduced. Only right too, when you are getting support from the state it should be the absolute bare minimum paid out for the needs.

only applies to "working age" claimants-dosent apply to pensioners.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 January 2013, 13:51,
(30 January 2013, 13:47)Barneyboy Wrote: but how many exactly because its all here say and daily mail talk until then

Right, so because I can't give you an exact figure then it's a non issue?

1 is enough in my books. You obviously read from a different page
30 January 2013, 13:56,
(30 January 2013, 13:51)BeardyMan Wrote:
(30 January 2013, 13:47)Barneyboy Wrote: but how many exactly because its all here say and daily mail talk until then

its definitely more than 1! the subject keeps cropping up in the papers every few weeks, that Quatada git and his brood are all getting housing benefit.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 January 2013, 13:57, (This post was last modified: 30 January 2013, 13:59 by Barneyboy.)

calm down not saying its a non issue but the truth is out there ,and yes one is to many this was to every one on here not just you

it could be one or one hundred would like to no the true number
30 January 2013, 14:01, (This post was last modified: 30 January 2013, 14:06 by BeardyMan.)
(30 January 2013, 13:57)Barneyboy Wrote:

calm down not saying its a non issue but the truth is out there ,and yes one is to many this was to every one on here not just you

it could be one or one hundred would like to no the true number

Only way to really find out would be a FOI request to the councils involved. Then you're probably never get an actual answer - they can fob you off with a multitude of excuses.

Some info on the scale of wasted money here