Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rough Weather Coming
30 January 2013, 17:02,
RE: Rough Weather Coming
(30 January 2013, 10:26)BeardyMan Wrote: Didn't see one other person out on foot for the whole hour and a bit I was out.

Those are the best walks
30 January 2013, 17:14,
(30 January 2013, 17:02)Metroyeti Wrote:
(30 January 2013, 10:26)BeardyMan Wrote: Didn't see one other person out on foot for the whole hour and a bit I was out.

Those are the best walks

Aye. Tonights walk will be much, much longer. The mother-in-law is down. Plus we're packing to move house, so I might as well get well out of the way, lest I be forced into some sort of manual labour.

Sun is out here though, so might be a few more people out and about.
30 January 2013, 20:22,
We had a hell of a blow last night, and was quiet relived when it started to settle down this morning,.. but its back again now, not quiet as rough as last night, but still very windy [ although dry ],.. still too rough to put the radio mast back up
A major part of survival is invisibility.
30 January 2013, 20:29,
rained-a lot- Monday and Tuesday, fine but windy today, forecast is for more rain tomorrow.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 January 2013, 00:12,
Winds of 135 mph on the Cairngorm Plateau last night, and 129 mph on the Bealach Na Ba (a road) near Applecross. Still pretty wild here tonight, but due to settle into a lovely day tomorrow.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
31 January 2013, 10:33, (This post was last modified: 31 January 2013, 10:36 by NorthernRaider.)
(31 January 2013, 00:12)Tarrel Wrote: Winds of 135 mph on the Cairngorm Plateau last night, and 129 mph on the Bealach Na Ba (a road) near Applecross. Still pretty wild here tonight, but due to settle into a lovely day tomorrow.

By heck thats pretty damn close to AL's location !!, hope he is OK

A chap on R 4 the other week was discussing his plans to build an eco home up near Applecross and he asked this other chap on the program " Where do you think it best to build an eco home on the West Coast?" and the other chap replied

" Underground" with winds of 135 MPH I can see why !!

31 January 2013, 20:03,
To be fair, both those locations are high ground. Although Applecross is at sea-level, the Bealach Na Ba leading to it is the second highest road in the UK (after the Cairnswell pass). It was on the way down from there that I found I had a problem with the brakes on my Disco a couple of years ago!Big Grin

Most of the Cairngorm plateau is above 4000 feet, and is regarded as a sub-arctic environment.

Much quieter day here today, dry and part-sunny. Raining now though.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
3 February 2013, 23:16,
More rough weather forecast for Northern Scotland over the next 24 hours; high seas, severe gale and blizzard conditions inland.
3 February 2013, 23:27,
(3 February 2013, 23:16)Tarrel Wrote: More rough weather forecast for Northern Scotland over the next 24 hours; high seas, severe gale and blizzard conditions inland.

I've texted AL, he was asking after you tonight.

3 February 2013, 23:36,
Cheers. We're fine up here. A bit bogged down with work on the woodland and jobs around the house.

Actually, we've escaped the worst of the weather (so far). Negligible snow and our particular location misses the worst of the wind. Pretty cold though. With one or two exceptions, it's not been above about 3 degrees for a couple of months.