Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When all Hell breaks loose
11 August 2013, 18:59,
RE: When all Hell breaks loose
(31 January 2013, 11:55)NorthernRaider Wrote: Highlander if you want you can have my copy for nowt, I did not like it at all, just PM me with your address and I'll post it to you.
NR

BTW I'm currently reading SURVIVALIST FAMILY by Joe Fox, its not a bad little " How To" book , very Merkin but interesting, its not a bad basic guide, its good to see the family view point rather than the single prepper view of things.

Well NR did post this book onto me,..and as he said, I couldnt get into it either, it is one of the worse books I have ever tried to read, and certainly the worse `survival` book I have ever tried
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 August 2013, 21:43,
Excellent podcast interview with Cody Lundin here:
http://www.practicalbackpacking.com/show...al-expert/
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
12 August 2013, 12:54,
(11 August 2013, 18:59)Highlander Wrote:
(31 January 2013, 11:55)NorthernRaider Wrote: Highlander if you want you can have my copy for nowt, I did not like it at all, just PM me with your address and I'll post it to you.
NR

BTW I'm currently reading SURVIVALIST FAMILY by Joe Fox, its not a bad little " How To" book , very Merkin but interesting, its not a bad basic guide, its good to see the family view point rather than the single prepper view of things.

Well NR did post this book onto me,..and as he said, I couldnt get into it either, it is one of the worse books I have ever tried to read, and certainly the worse `survival` book I have ever tried

HL, if you don't want it, I've got it on my book wish list and could take it off your hands at the next meet...? Smile

12 August 2013, 14:55,
(11 August 2013, 21:43)Tarrel Wrote: Excellent podcast interview with Cody Lundin here:
http://www.practicalbackpacking.com/show...al-expert/

Many thanks for that link, it reinforces what I think about Cody Lundin, you've got to respect his experiences, knowledge and refusal to pander to the media.
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
12 August 2013, 22:47,
(12 August 2013, 12:54)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote:
(11 August 2013, 18:59)Highlander Wrote:
NR

HL, if you don't want it, I've got it on my book wish list and could take it off your hands at the next meet...? Smile

Its your GG
13 August 2013, 20:45,
Not read his books, but he did a discovery Channel series with Dave Canterbury called dual survival which was pretty good. The fact is whether you like him or not if one paragraph in a whole book teaches you something new it was worth reading. Let's face it his credentials speak for themselves he knows his subject and that is what matters.
13 August 2013, 22:28,
i liked the book. got me to take water and sanitation issues much more seriously. not a basic how-to survival book, but brought up subjects rarely addressed by so called survival experts. he also focuses on practical things and not spending a bunch of money on gear with his name on it.
13 August 2013, 22:31,
Probably because he lives what he preaches every day, lucky sod
14 August 2013, 20:35,
Although I didn't get on with his book, I did like his ways in Duel survival,.. in fact I prefer him to Dave Canterbery,... I just wish he was a better writer...lol
1 September 2013, 05:21,
(31 January 2013, 11:55)NorthernRaider Wrote: Highlander if you want you can have my copy for nowt...

In a roundabout kind of way - thanks NR. HL passed it on to me and I quite like it! I kind of like the humour... GG