Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westcountry Game Fair 2013
20 February 2013, 01:18,
RE: Westcountry Game Fair 2013
looks like a no go Sad wife is working that weekend, so I'll be doing Daddy Day Care instead. Unless I leave muttley at home an just me an the boy venture out.
20 February 2013, 10:04,
(20 February 2013, 01:18)BeardyMan Wrote: looks like a no go Sad wife is working that weekend, so I'll be doing Daddy Day Care instead. Unless I leave muttley at home an just me an the boy venture out.

is that a problem?Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 February 2013, 10:09,
(20 February 2013, 10:04)bigpaul Wrote:
(20 February 2013, 01:18)BeardyMan Wrote: looks like a no go Sad wife is working that weekend, so I'll be doing Daddy Day Care instead. Unless I leave muttley at home an just me an the boy venture out.

is that a problem?Big Grin

No, shouldn't be.
1 March 2013, 00:04,
So where are we all meeting at this one? No doubt I'll spot BP as soon as I arrive (again) Big Grin
1 March 2013, 10:51, (This post was last modified: 1 March 2013, 10:53 by bigpaul.)
(1 March 2013, 00:04)BeardyMan Wrote: So where are we all meeting at this one? No doubt I'll spot BP as soon as I arrive (again) Big Grin

well you can hardly miss the pair of us can you? we are trying to get there as soon as it opens at 9am, which means an early start for us as it'll take a couple of hours to get there.1st hall as you go in is clothes and bits an pieces(knives, books, birds of prey, ferrets), 2nd hall is the food hall!, 3rd hall across the courtyard is the main hall, opena arena with all sorts of events, shotguns and air rifles will be in this hall, out the back is Archery and more shopping stalls and catering, toilets in the main hall or outside the 1st hall to your right, dog show and terrier racing as you come in the main gate.

anyone else coming i havent met before look for a big bugger 6ft tall, camo cap(i'll wear my big paul badge on my cap if i can find where i put it) either green fleece or camo, blue jeans, accompanied by a large blonde lady(SWMBO)Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 March 2013, 11:01,
Yeah, I'll be looking for a 0900 arrival. I'm 110 miles away, so it's going to take almost 2 hours to get there (with the little one in the car anyway)

Hoping to get myself some sort of long bow here - I found a basic one online for £80, very tempted.

Every 2 year old needs a long bow, surely Wink

God, I'm going to be in for severe beatings should I spend lots of money, still as long as we pick up something nice for mothers day that should soften the blow.
1 March 2013, 11:08, (This post was last modified: 1 March 2013, 11:26 by bigpaul.)
i expect i'll be getting a couple more knives although i've got loads..you cant have enough knives! then there's the food hall and all the books too.

yeah, we are 100 miles from Glastonbury, the showfield is 11+ from there so it'll take a couple of hours to get there including a couple of "comfort" stops on the way!Angry
1 March 2013, 11:31,
I'm hoping Sid will sleep most of the way there. I would like to bring the dog, but trying to control both the toddler and the rotty by myself is hard work!
1 March 2013, 11:35, (This post was last modified: 1 March 2013, 11:38 by bigpaul.)
(1 March 2013, 11:31)BeardyMan Wrote: I'm hoping Sid will sleep most of the way there. I would like to bring the dog, but trying to control both the toddler and the rotty by myself is hard work!

bloody impossible i should think!Big Grin

dont you need 2 hands to push the buggy?? also about mid morning ..11ish is when the crowds arrive having eventually got out of their pits..and then it gets crowded, we usually arrive at 9 and leave around 12, we then head for Glastonbury for a fried all day breakfast!!
5 March 2013, 19:05,
just to remind anyone who hasnt made their minds up yet, its this SATURDAY!!Angel