Migrants shun English language
1 February 2013, 23:09,
RE: Migrants shun English language
Yup that's about right.

Winter is coming
Winter is coming
3 February 2013, 10:29,
Many moons ago I wanted to go to Australia with my then girlfriend on the assisted £10 passage deal. We were given a huge amount of bumph to read and forms to fill in and had to go to interviews. Fortunately both of us had occupational qualifications that were acceptable and things were looking good. The fact that I/we did not go was due to personal problems within the relationship and I will leave that one there. We also looked at going to the USA and Canada. Loads of bumph etc etc in both cases.
Apart from the fact that we were expected to speak the language, or at least have a working knowledge of it, we also had to have a job to go to and have no expectations of social services and had to be self supporting for quite a while.
I have to say that I do not know what hoops you have to jump through to get into this country - seemingly very few or none at all. My point is that if AUS. USA. and CAN. were able to demand a minimum set of qualifications then, and probably still do now, then why are we not doing the self same thing? I get the impression that some lahdidah in times gone by has come up with a comment along the lines of 'oh well let them eat cake' or 'let all those Poor People come to our shores in their hour of need' and the floodgates have been opened and no one has the ability or inclination to close them. I also get the impression that us indigenous white slaves can go on providing the wherewithal for this to continue.
In my honest opinion it should be a minimum requirement that to come to live in this country you should be able to converse in English, be able to support yourself for at least three years, stay out of trouble for the same period or face deportation and become an English/UK National and get full time employment. If you cannot comply with ALL of these items then do not bother to come here. If things are so bad in your own country then put them right and do not expect that being a parasite is acceptable here.
3 February 2013, 10:37,
couldnt agree more iaaems, i wanted to emigrate to Canada in the late 70s, i wasnt allowed in unless i had a job offer, i couldnt have a job offer if there was an unemployed Canadian who wanted that job-he/she would be offered the job first. i had relatives there who would sponsor me, i had to be self supporting and NOT be a drain on the state. didnt go(obviously-i'm still here) as i couldnt get that job offer, not easy when the jobs are in another country to the one i'm living in. as for the wave of immigration to this country, you can blame Tony B.Liar and New Labour-they opened the floodgates.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 February 2013, 13:30,
Iaaems, That was then. I get the impression that none of these countries has the same stringent rules now. The only reason they end up here is because we are closer and just a ride away. We don't get Mexicans, the US does and for the same reason.

Our Western good nature has been abused and being used to destroy us.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 February 2013, 15:16,
I have to accept that life has moved on and possibly in this field not for the better. This does not alter the fact that as I got older and more experienced I was expected to get better at my job not more complacent and sloppy which seems to have happened with regard to our 'immigration service' or whoever oversees the import of more mouths to feed. Then, of course, we have our wonderful politicians who want to make a name for themselves on the world stage introducing easier terms and conditions. When it goes wrong their excuse/reason will be 'well it could have been managed a little better I suppose'. Theirs is a wonderful job - no responsibility no accountability just airy fairy theories and ideas and a fat pay packet with generous pension provision.
I also agree that our 'Western good nature' has and will be abused for the forseeable future. We have something they want - I say they have to earn it same way as I had to if they want to share in it. Learn to speak English, make it your main language, abide by the rules and regulations, get a job and contribute.