Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
from Off The Grid News
31 January 2013, 14:47,
RE: from Off The Grid News
a 9mm handgun is easy to get hold of-IF you know the right people!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 January 2013, 14:50,
(31 January 2013, 14:47)bigpaul Wrote: a 9mm handgun is easy to get hold of-IF you know the right people!!Big Grin

anywhere in Hackney for about £30 or £40, but it'll be dirty and you'll get screwed for it haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
31 January 2013, 14:55,
(31 January 2013, 14:50)Scythe13 Wrote:
(31 January 2013, 14:47)bigpaul Wrote: a 9mm handgun is easy to get hold of-IF you know the right people!!Big Grin

anywhere in Hackney for about £30 or £40, but it'll be dirty and you'll get screwed for it haha.

i wouldnt have to go that far for it, just take a trip back to Plymouth!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 January 2013, 14:56,
The 9mm parabellum ss109 round was designed to penetrate and tumble IIRC what they taught us in the army.

31 January 2013, 14:56, (This post was last modified: 31 January 2013, 15:01 by Scythe13.)
A little more research to check out what 'companies' played around with 9mm (handgun) rounds, and I found some really cool stuff!!!

The Colt M4 has a quick converter system to accept 9mm rounds!
What's that I hear you say? The Steyr AUG has the same thing? Well, that'll need checking out.....CHECK, you're correct.
Hu? Really? Gilboa have a sexy new 9mm submachine gun? You're lying!.......[insert google search]....my mistake, no you're not.
NO! How dare you say I've forgotten the Walther MPL 9mm Submachine gun...because I've not.

Okay, 1 reputation point goes to the Prepper that can tell me what countries use which guns.

(31 January 2013, 14:56)NorthernRaider Wrote: The 9mm parabellum ss109 round was designed to penetrate and tumble IIRC what they taught us in the army.

I thought ss109 was the 5.56 standardisation, and nothing to do with the 9mm? Or have I been informed wrongly?
31 January 2013, 15:04, (This post was last modified: 31 January 2013, 15:07 by NorthernRaider.)
(31 January 2013, 14:56)Scythe13 Wrote: I thought ss109 was the 5.56 standardisation, and nothing to do with the 9mm? Or have I been informed wrongly?

No mate your probably right and I'm having a senior moment, the 9mm comes or came like the 5.56 in two weights / lengths that were suited like the 5.56 to barrels with different lengths and twists in the rifling., now I'm narked cos I cant remember the right number !!Rolleyes

God I AM going senile, how can I forget and confuse 7n21 P and 7n31 +P !!!! and mix it up with SS109
9 mm NATO
9×19mm Parabellum +P
9×19mm 7N21 +P+
9×19mm 7N31 +P+

31 January 2013, 15:09,
I don't know loads about guns, but I do love them (SD knows this in pretty big detail).

So I'm just learning all I can. Thought I was the one being senile. Thanks for clarifying.
31 January 2013, 16:13, (This post was last modified: 31 January 2013, 16:14 by Geordie_Rob.)
(31 January 2013, 14:56)Scythe13 Wrote: Okay, 1 reputation point goes to the Prepper that can tell me what countries use which guns.

Colt M4 - US Army
Steyr AUG - Austrian army (although rumours are Syrian rebels are also using them).
Gilboa - Israeli army
Walther mpl - used by Germany until they adopted the mp5. Still used by Mexican navy & various law enforcement agencies worldwide.

Do I get the +1 point?

(31 January 2013, 16:13)Geordie_Rob Wrote:
(31 January 2013, 14:56)Scythe13 Wrote: Okay, 1 reputation point goes to the Prepper that can tell me what countries use which guns.

Colt M4 - US Army
Steyr AUG - Austrian army (although rumours are Syrian rebels are also using them).
Gilboa - Israeli army
Walther mpl - used by Germany until they adopted the mp5. Still used by Mexican navy & various law enforcement agencies worldwide.

Do I get the +1 point?

If I don't get the point, write to google & ask them to correct the results Smile
31 January 2013, 16:24,
There you go GR. You've got a point well earned.

Colt M4 - US Army
To that I would add one other American organisation with a different gun. H&K MP5 - SWAT

So these 'handgun' bullets aren't necessarily handguns.

On another point, the US Army uses the Barretta 92 handgun, notorious for being unreliable and jamming. Not sure why they'd invest LOADS of cash into crap ammo for crap guns?

Not taking sides, just playing devils advocate.
31 January 2013, 17:04,
All used by various divisions of both the UK and the US army too. SF can have pretty much whatever they want, or whatever is best for the job at hand.