Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Y the last man
31 January 2013, 17:07,
Star  Y the last man
Ok this is something different from the other book reviews on here as the series Y the last man is a graphic novel (comic book). The basic story line is a Bug out scenario and how the world changes post SHTF event.

A young escape artist named Yorick and his monkey are the only 2 male survivors of a world wide plague. The plague attacked every Y chromosome (the male chromosome) in every mammal, bird and lizard in the world. after hiding in his flat for a while, His congresswoman mother puts him under the protection of a secret government agent as they try to discover how to use his immunity to save the human population. On his adventure across the US and eventually the rest of the world he must dodge female biker gangs that destroy anything male, drug dealing pirates and Israeli special forces.

It isn't overly political or feminist and is quite entertaining if you like fantasy/sci fi novels.

I know it isn't the usual kind of book review that is on here but you never know you might like it. I did even though i prefer non-fiction. Smile
31 January 2013, 17:36,
RE: Y the last man
Not read it but its meant to be good