Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LETS CLEAR THE AIR
2 February 2013, 11:07, (This post was last modified: 2 February 2013, 11:13 by Barneyboy.)
RE: LETS CLEAR THE AIR
(2 February 2013, 10:24)Scythe13 Wrote:
(1 February 2013, 20:55)BeardyMan Wrote: Well personally I love a good argument. People get carried away occasionally, me included, but thats fine. We're all adults. Its hard to tell over the internet how people intend their message to come across, so wires can get crossed.

Shud-up-foooooool [Mr T Style Hardcoreness!!!!]

I think people are more than welcome to rant and rave. I've had many a word with BDG about precious metals, and still maintain complete respect for him (actually, more respect for his researching the subjects and his depth of knowledge). I have been caught up on the funny end of BarnBoy's comments on numerous occasions, and still have the same amount of respect for him (none! haha, I'm joking mate). But if people want to make it into personal attacks.....by all means. They'll probably get banned for having a lack of emotional maturity. SD isn't in the habit of banning people, and I don't think it fair that we put loads of pressure on him to sit here all day and ban people or their comments (he has much better stuff to do with his time....probably). But at the end of the day, if you're going to be that immature, then a banning could be on the cards. Oh yes, you do ONLY have yourself to blame.

Let's just be fair. I'm not racist, sexist, or anything like that. I hate all people equally (that's another joke). So, instead of having a go at people, let's be constructive, or be quiet.

p.s. if something is a joke, it helps if you write 'joke'. At least that way you don't offend other people.
p.p.s. We're not all adults. Some of us are just pretending to be adults. We're kids in disguise (JOKE)
p.p.p.s. It's too early for a completely heartfelt comment, but if people are going to be idiots and make a discussion on 'knives being better than axes' into a personal attack, than they're seriously some kind of societal leech and shouldn't have access to the internet in the first place.
p.p.p.p.s. Somethings can't be proved, only posted on what evidence is available. To make that into a personal attack just shows an inability to stay on subject (and a lack of being able to explain yourself properly so that the other person can see where you're coming from, whether they agree or not). Further to this, just because we totally disagree on something, it doesn't mean we can't just use the words "I get where you're coming from. I don't agree with you, but can understand why you'd think that." Those words are often a good way to silence an argument. Every time I've used them, it's been honest and heartfelt. If you can't see from another's point of view, then that shows a total lack of emotional intelligence and social maturity!!! Work out your own emotional issues off forum, if you fall into this category of people.
p.p.p.p.p.s. From the looks of my last p.s. I may be waking up properly.

yes very true its hard to get across what you mean ,but just because we dont agree on some things doesnt mean we would not get on.its not all of yous thought that you are aways wrong !!! joke

has SD really got a bunker???
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
2 February 2013, 11:33,
(2 February 2013, 11:07)Barneyboy Wrote: has SD really got a bunker???

Not 100% sure, but I'm suspicious haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 February 2013, 18:59,
(2 February 2013, 11:07)Barneyboy Wrote:
(2 February 2013, 10:24)Scythe13 Wrote:
(1 February 2013, 20:55)BeardyMan Wrote: Well personally I love a good argument. People get carried away occasionally, me included, but thats fine. We're all adults. Its hard to tell over the internet how people intend their message to come across, so wires can get crossed.

Shud-up-foooooool [Mr T Style Hardcoreness!!!!]

I think people are more than welcome to rant and rave. I've had many a word with BDG about precious metals, and still maintain complete respect for him (actually, more respect for his researching the subjects and his depth of knowledge). I have been caught up on the funny end of BarnBoy's comments on numerous occasions, and still have the same amount of respect for him (none! haha, I'm joking mate). But if people want to make it into personal attacks.....by all means. They'll probably get banned for having a lack of emotional maturity. SD isn't in the habit of banning people, and I don't think it fair that we put loads of pressure on him to sit here all day and ban people or their comments (he has much better stuff to do with his time....probably). But at the end of the day, if you're going to be that immature, then a banning could be on the cards. Oh yes, you do ONLY have yourself to blame.

Let's just be fair. I'm not racist, sexist, or anything like that. I hate all people equally (that's another joke). So, instead of having a go at people, let's be constructive, or be quiet.

p.s. if something is a joke, it helps if you write 'joke'. At least that way you don't offend other people.
p.p.s. We're not all adults. Some of us are just pretending to be adults. We're kids in disguise (JOKE)
p.p.p.s. It's too early for a completely heartfelt comment, but if people are going to be idiots and make a discussion on 'knives being better than axes' into a personal attack, than they're seriously some kind of societal leech and shouldn't have access to the internet in the first place.
p.p.p.p.s. Somethings can't be proved, only posted on what evidence is available. To make that into a personal attack just shows an inability to stay on subject (and a lack of being able to explain yourself properly so that the other person can see where you're coming from, whether they agree or not). Further to this, just because we totally disagree on something, it doesn't mean we can't just use the words "I get where you're coming from. I don't agree with you, but can understand why you'd think that." Those words are often a good way to silence an argument. Every time I've used them, it's been honest and heartfelt. If you can't see from another's point of view, then that shows a total lack of emotional intelligence and social maturity!!! Work out your own emotional issues off forum, if you fall into this category of people.
p.p.p.p.p.s. From the looks of my last p.s. I may be waking up properly.

yes very true its hard to get across what you mean ,but just because we dont agree on some things doesnt mean we would not get on.its not all of yous thought that you are aways wrong !!! joke

has SD really got a bunker???

YEP ITS A WHEELY BIN WRAPPED IN TIN FOIL, SEEN IT MYSELF I HAVE...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
2 February 2013, 22:24,
I am really jealous, flash bugger