Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Law post SHTF
3 February 2013, 19:23,
RE: Law post SHTF
(3 February 2013, 17:39)bigpaul Wrote: you might think that, but most groups will shun old people cos they think that they(the old person) cannot "pull their weight"...its called human nature.

dont bother trying to "rely" on other people-they will only let you down. i have had a lifetimes experience of this-believe me i know.

if your survival plans will only work if you involve others(as in NOT immediate family but people outside your family circle) expect to FAIL- outsiders are NOT to be relied upon.

I dont agree with that at all,... most simple tribes the world older realy look after their oldies, because this is where the knowledge to survive comes from,...... ok, so thats a bit damatic,.. but the fact remains that none of us knows everything, and a strong group will include a wide range of ages, provided that the people involved are strong - ish and not a burdon they should be welcomed

I am sure many might pick up on the word `Burdon`,.. well just think on, if someone is 50 years old when the shtf, then they are 60 ten years later, when survival may still be an issue,..... how many here are around 50yrs I wonder?
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 February 2013, 09:18,
we are talking modern humans here, not tribes, and i can tell you now they wont want "oldies" in their group as they are not so physically active.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 February 2013, 10:19,
All this talk about tribes is making me want to pierce my septum again
4 February 2013, 11:19,
What does Septum think about that???

4 February 2013, 11:35,
It doesnt hurt, makes your eyes water a but when you stretch it :p
4 February 2013, 17:55,
There is no place in the world where the "lone wolf" survives, or ever has.

All it took to tame Enkidu was one night with the right woman.
5 February 2013, 00:17, (This post was last modified: 5 February 2013, 00:21 by Prepper1.)
I dont think groups outweigh lone wolves, were just different...we'd say better...
There are people that have always been loners, like b.p. And myself with little need for external alliances. Not that we wouldnt have say friends or aquaintances occasionaly.
Sometimes things are easier with groups, sometimes not. Hunting in groups can be good but then again so can trapping by a solitary mountain man. Being a lone wolf isnt imposssible and knowing that only you can let youself down is somehow satisfying and reasuring. Being loners you learn quickly to compensate in different situations for the lack of extra hands for example using tools to hold things where if you were in a tribe your pal would have done it. Most things that can be achieved by groups can be done by loners, if not the same we can achieve similar results or , maybe just take longer at it.
thats why solitary confinement is/was a punishment, however theres always people that thrive being alone compared to in a group and vice versa.
Being. A loner doesnt mean we dont like to interact with people just we dont have too or need too we can live with people but equaly we can thrive without any human interaction if we have too.

Lonets would be idealy suited to long deep space voyages where the silence would sent other people loopy.

That should read loners...damn phone keyboard.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
5 February 2013, 00:33,
^^^,..I like that post a lot, and I completely understand how you feel, I go out into the hills alone for weeks at a time quite often, and I love it,..I feel I am quiet capable with being a lone wolf.

...but then when I go out my life isnt on the line to the degree that it might be when tshtf, and here is when another person would be very handy, just one other male to watch each others back,....I am not nesersary talking a large group, just a single buddy would make the world of difference.

When the emergency arrives I will not just have me to worry about, if I get into trouble while alone tomorrow, someone will come looking for me,.. no-one will be looking for me after tshtf,..and I will have someone else who is relying on me for their survival

So,... although I love being alone, even a lone wolf can do better in a small pack
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 February 2013, 01:20,
i'am a loner but i do have a wife and kids so given the choice small groups are the best because if you are ill and need someone to look after you for a short time and your alone your f****d
and if you have young children and you die their going to die as wellbut if some you know is there then your young ones have a chance.
i was an only child and can take people or leave people? but some times being a parent you needed to look at the bigger picture
to win the war, you must be willing to die
5 February 2013, 15:26,
i was an only child and spent a lot of time on my own, same happened as an adult, i have been married 3 times and divorced twice so maybe that tells you something. being alone has never bothered me, in fact i thrive on being alone, i might be bored sometimes on my own but "lonely" is not even in my vocabulary!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.