Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would Vitamin pills be a good thing to store?
3 February 2013, 10:51,
RE: Would Vitamin pills be a good thing to store?
(3 February 2013, 10:49)bigpaul Wrote: it was interesting when we moved to Glastonbury and learnt the history of the place. it called Somerset cos it was where the SUMMER people went, they moved onto the levels to hunt and fish and then moved back onto the hills in the Winter, you cant really live on The Levels in the winter, its far to foggy and damp.

And underwater haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 February 2013, 10:53,
(3 February 2013, 10:51)Scythe13 Wrote:
(3 February 2013, 10:49)bigpaul Wrote: it was interesting when we moved to Glastonbury and learnt the history of the place. it called Somerset cos it was where the SUMMER people went, they moved onto the levels to hunt and fish and then moved back onto the hills in the Winter, you cant really live on The Levels in the winter, its far to foggy and damp.

And underwater haha.
well, it is NOW!and will be again POST SHTF when the pumps go off(see Jane's scenario!)Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 February 2013, 11:46,
If I remember right many vitamins come in a easy natural form such as Rose Hips, Plantains etc, we need an expert on natural preserved vitamins to help us on this, I used to be given Rose Hip syrup as a child and it came bottled with a long shelf life.

We need to attract someone with the knowledge in naturally occuring nutrients.

3 February 2013, 11:48,
(3 February 2013, 11:46)NorthernRaider Wrote: If I remember right many vitamins come in a easy natural form such as Rose Hips, Plantains etc, we need an expert on natural preserved vitamins to help us on this, I used to be given Rose Hip syrup as a child and it came bottled with a long shelf life.

We need to attract someone with the knowledge in naturally occuring nutrients.
there are vitamins in many plants and berries, blackberries for example has vit C-where do you think Ribena comes from.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 February 2013, 11:56, (This post was last modified: 3 February 2013, 12:06 by SecretPrepper.)
if you know where to look you can get what you need from nature. for Vit C you get loads from makeing pine needle tea.

You need warm (NOT BOILING!) any hotter than bath water would destroy the vita min. you then dice the pine needles and put in the water for a bit. (sorry i forget the time but its not that long) remove the needles and drink. and you get loads of vitamin C

Also dandilion leaves and nettle leaves are good to eat. you make nettle soup dont just eat the leaves they will sting your tongue but many leaves have vitamin A, calcium and vitamin C as well as other trace minerals needed by the body. Nettles also seem to do ok during the winter. Well the ones near me do.
3 February 2013, 12:42,
I have some multi vits put away for a rainy day. a friend of mine spent a year homeless and even if she couldn't get a meal that day she'd have a tablet.

If it's vitamin C you're worried about you can get ascorbic acid tablets from the pharmacist. They've got uses in food preservation too (if you bottle light fruit you can add a little vit C powder to the syrup and it will stop the enzymes turning the fruit brown and mushy).
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
3 February 2013, 17:51,
There is a lot of talk about vit C,... we do NOT need vit C to thrive

I feed my dogs on a raw diet, I have done a lot of research into a raw diet and if you look, meat alone will give you all we need,.. Eskimos never see fruit and veg,... thats because all the bodies needs are in meat and fat

Vit B2... in poultry and Beef... vit B12 for the nervous system and the blood found in all meats,.. fat soluble vits, B found in meat ... vit A found in fish, liver and pork... Vit B6 also found in fish and poutry

Vit C,... also helps, but the ones I have mentioned do the same,.,... and remember Vit C is also
obsorbed from sunlight
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 February 2013, 17:54,
(3 February 2013, 17:51)Highlander Wrote: There is a lot of talk about vit C,... we do NOT need vit C to thrive

I feed my dogs on a raw diet, I have done a lot of research into a raw diet and if you look, meat alone will give you all we need,.. Eskimos never see fruit and veg,... thats because all the bodies needs are in meat and fat

Vit B2... in poultry and Beef... vit B12 for the nervous system and the blood found in all meats,.. fat soluble vits, B found in meat ... vit A found in fish, liver and pork... Vit B6 also found in fish and poutry

Vit C,... also helps, but the ones I have mentioned do the same,.,... and remember Vit C is also
obsorbed from sunlight
i do LIKE fruit and veg though, it would get a bit boring if ALL we ate was meat.we do need a bit of variety in our diets.
9 February 2013, 19:49,
Sorry to be a pedant on a couple of points but,
1. Ribena is made from blackcurrents, it's Latin name is Ribes nigrum
2. It's vitamin D that we naturally synthesise from sunlight and without which children can develop rickets. I can't remember what Vit D deficiency causes in adults but muslim women in western countries, who wear those outfits that make them look like their talking to you through the letterbox, can suffer Vit D deficiency. In their original countries they tend to live in compounds where they can be uncovered in the sun without being seen by non family men. Stupid prats!!
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
9 February 2013, 20:12,
Highlander I used to work in pet shop(no animals) loads of dogs are healthier when fed on venison. Goes back to when they were wild and when we first domesticated them. Most modern pet foods are the equivalant of feeding your kids smarties/mc donalds, but the likes of bakers are crafty as their adverts are designed for humans, like a dogs going to know the green kibble is pea flavoured. Tinned pet food is a waste of money.