Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realistic Barter Goods
3 February 2013, 12:01,
RE: Realistic Barter Goods
(3 February 2013, 11:54)Scythe13 Wrote: We've not met, but we know a fair bit about each other. If we both tried, we could find out where each other lived, or within a could of miles of where we lived.

With that in mind, you see me going through the woods near your camp/BOL. Trust, don't trust, take a chance, lay low, warning shot, fatal shot, or what? You know you won't offend me, whatever your answer is. So what would you do in that situation?
I've got a fair idea of where you live Scythe, i think i go through your area when we go to Glastonbury. as for someone in my area, shooting them is a last resort, watch, lay low, stay concealed, see what their up to, only shoot (to kill) if me or OH is threatened or if our BOL is compromised.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 February 2013, 12:05,
(3 February 2013, 11:16)Prepper1 Wrote: I still fail to see why some on here, bang on about meeting up and its importance but THEN berate people who do not want too.

Sir,One example may be that if for example I had the pleasure of sharing a coffee or beer with you now in times of peace and security and could put a face to the name of P1, then after the SHTF I am far less likely to shoot you after the SHTF if you visited this area or we accidentally crossed paths whilst out hunting, foraging or bugging out.

If you ever saw BP and it was after TSHTF you would instinctively want to eith avoid him or blow his head off just in case, but if you did you would lose access to a valuable homeopath and herbalit in the form of Jane his wifey.

I respect people choice that they dont wish to interact face to face and I hope you dont think your being berated, but I do feel that its a valuable opportunity to be able to intantly recognise other FRIENDLIES after TSHTF because god help us we are going to need as many friends as we can.Smile

3 February 2013, 12:08,
(3 February 2013, 12:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: If you ever saw BP and it was after TSHTF you would instinctively want to eith avoid him or blow his head off just in case, but if you did you would lose access to a valuable homeopath and herbalit in the form of Jane his wifey.

i see you dont rate ME very much? and i thought we were friends!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 February 2013, 12:13,
Thanks for the example N.R. it helps open eyes.
You have a good way of explaining things.
I tend to be a bit blunt, I don't have the social skills...I think I get that from my mam...
Its always good to see the other side of the fence.
Its a good moderator in a way, because sometimes we can get insular if that's the right word about our approach to a subject.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
3 February 2013, 12:15,
(3 February 2013, 12:08)bigpaul Wrote:
(3 February 2013, 12:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: If you ever saw BP and it was after TSHTF you would instinctively want to eith avoid him or blow his head off just in case, but if you did you would lose access to a valuable homeopath and herbalit in the form of Jane his wifey.

i see you dont rate ME very much? and i thought we were friends!Big GrinBig Grin

Hah, I had the feeling that would be taken wrongly Smile Smile

I was going to say "if you came across something that looked like a hairy Warthog chewing on a wasp that would be BP and its a terrifying sight" But thought better of it Smile

but seriously if we had not already met and become friends if I saw you after TSHTF I would have shot first and asked questions after. That why meeting folks is highly rated by me Smile

3 February 2013, 12:25,
(3 February 2013, 12:15)NorthernRaider Wrote: Hah, I had the feeling that would be taken wrongly Smile Smile

I was going to say "if you came across something that looked like a hairy Warthog chewing on a wasp that would be BP and its a terrifying sight" But thought better of it Smile

but seriously if we had not already met and become friends if I saw you after TSHTF I would have shot first and asked questions after. That why meeting folks is highly rated by me Smile
thats why i dont have much to do with "straights" and have a very low opinion of "Sheeple", people tend to take one look at me and make an assumption-usually a WRONG one- like the woman who tried to throw herself through a shop window in Warminster-i was only walking down the road hadnt said "BOO" to anyone! some times it works to my advantage as people pass by or go another way which suits me...i dont really have any "social" skills-i'm the original Loner.
3 February 2013, 12:27,
(3 February 2013, 01:17)Scythe13 Wrote: As for ammo, I honestly think you'd be insane or retarded to swap that. Even if you have spare ammo and no gun to shoot it with, you can make some stunning land mines with a bit of tube, wooden base, a pin, and a bullet! Pretty good home defence system....blow a hole in the foot of the intruder! Bet it's pretty effective.

There was actually a shotgun designed just for that purpose. It used a drum magazine that could be made into an antipersonel mine. Very nasty.
3 February 2013, 12:28, (This post was last modified: 3 February 2013, 12:30 by NorthernRaider.)
Nowt wrong with you BP your the original thang Smile

(3 February 2013, 12:27)SecretPrepper Wrote: [

As for ammo, I honestly think you'd be insane or retarded to swap that.

Nup, disagree if I had ammo but needed medicine for wife or child and someone in need of ammo had the medicine I needed I would swap quite happily.

3 February 2013, 12:31,
(3 February 2013, 12:28)NorthernRaider Wrote: Nowt wrong with you BP your the original thang Smile

i never did "tick the box"-i've always considered myself to be "different", an individual if you want, not a number.
3 February 2013, 12:34,
(3 February 2013, 12:31)bigpaul Wrote:
(3 February 2013, 12:28)NorthernRaider Wrote: Nowt wrong with you BP your the original thang Smile

i never did "tick the box"-i've always considered myself to be "different", an individual if you want, not a number.

Different as in being a cross between Cousin It and a wookie Smile