Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equipment problems.
2 February 2013, 14:50,
Equipment problems.
just went to change the battery's in my metal torch somehow it will not come apart disaster an example of the unexpected anybody else care to give an example of the unexpected ?
2 February 2013, 14:54,
RE: Equipment problems.
went to replace some batteries and found my (small) stock of batteries were all DEAD!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 February 2013, 15:04,
I moved completely back over onto AA batteries and kit after having problems using CR123A batteries, some simple were dead even though they were supposed to last to 2117, other one basically exploded in my Inova X5 torch.

2 February 2013, 15:07,
Same here bought the one,s from the pound shop, learned a lesson there..won,t do that again..
your better off buying the rechargable type maybe
2 February 2013, 15:16,
Aluminium torches or containers with threads are best with a bit of petroleum jelly on the threads to help them stop corroding shut, theres no harm in putting it on any thread types as a bit of lube helps them as well. As for batterys go rechargeable if you can because like others ive found regular batterys rubbish.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
2 February 2013, 16:34,
I use rechargables in future I will be greasing metal threads .
3 February 2013, 20:17,
I think its best to buy re-chargables, but store them un-opened and uncharged,... they then stay in the state they were made and dont deteriate

Its another reason why good wind up torches are always a good buy
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 February 2013, 13:04,
When it comes to batteries I rotate my stockpile. I end up using a lot of them for a bunch of gadgets I have laying around. They are best stored at 50% battery, they lose that over time and will "forget" there maximum charge even if they haven't been worn down. There are a bunch of different techniques for storing them.
Failure is always an option.
4 February 2013, 14:11,
Probably a really boring response, but a good one to consider...

Get a permanent marker pen and write the purchase date of all batteries still in their packs. It's the next best thing to a sell by date or a best before date.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin