Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Whos up for a meeting this Sunday in the North East area ??
9 February 2013, 23:06,
RE: Whos up for a meeting this Sunday in the North East area ??
Nice of you to think about me, tis appreciated but I'm not actually doing organised RVs anymore, this is Road Warriors gig Smile, My door is always open to passing visitors but I've done with Rvs and broken promises / last minute drop outs, its easier to let someone do it now Smile

9 February 2013, 23:09,
Im ok where ever you guys pick, it will be good to put faces to names etc and maybes come away with some new knowledge
9 February 2013, 23:26,
well ...thats me shot down in flames cos i was wanting to hijack you !!Mr.NR !! thought we cud do this together with me more in the capacity of a driver !! i know mate that youve expressed to me about RVs...and thought we cud all benefit your knowledge....etc..etc. also Metroyeti....are you in the blaydon area ?(roughly mate ) im trying to centralise all of us !
9 February 2013, 23:29,
North shields but dont mind traveling abit
9 February 2013, 23:36,
Folks are welcome to come to south Durham, but I'm not running around after them any more, the last idiot from the NE begged me to travel to Seaton Sluice for an RV, I went all the way up but he did not turn up, said he had a leaking sink that was more important!!!!, Gave him another chance like a fool, went back again and he turned up, worse for wear, half asleep, obviously been out half the night.

I do RVs with my own little group now but no outsiders because its nearly always a waste of time, money and effort. Still like to meet up with old lags like PF, SD, AL,RW, Binary etc though cos you can rely on them.

9 February 2013, 23:39, (This post was last modified: 9 February 2013, 23:40 by Metroyeti.)
Seaton sluice is out your way and its full of drunks, and people with gills on their necks.

We could arrange one for chopwell woods, worst case scenario hardly anyone shows up you still get a day in the woods
9 February 2013, 23:54,
The other year I drove to bloody Alnwick for an RV and the OP turned up on time then told me she could only stop for 30 minutes !!!!!, least she was sober though !!! It amazes me the HUGE variation in the amount of time and effort some folks will make compared with others though, its really quite good TBH, SD often drives an EXTRA 70 miles just to drop in when he is working in Leeds, AL adds me to his drop in when he does the 400 mile trip from upper Scotland, Binary drove up from Southampton for a meet !!!( I miss that guy he made me smile).

I had one chap turn up to a meet at Scotch Corner who brought his wife and her mother along, and both the women hated prepping and anything to do with it !!!, What a variety of people we have. The Rvs in Exeter were good as was the last city based one we had in Brum but the big one I organised for a weekend in the Lakes was a disaster , and the turn out for SDs area Rv was also appaling.

9 February 2013, 23:58,
Now that im finished work I can be more flexible with meetings and i dont mind travelling a bit but in general i will need a bit of notice to organise sitters and funds to travel etc depending how far away it is...
10 February 2013, 00:32,
(9 February 2013, 22:57)Metroyeti Wrote: How about blaydon? I wouldnt want to drag nr any closer to the necropolis called newcastle :p
I grew up in Blaydon. Honestly, it's a shite place for an RV. 1970's precinct now being "redeveloped" (i.e. probably being made shiter). Pubs have never been any good (we always drank up Winlaton). Better bet would be Swalwell - literally on the motorway junction with a number of old school pubs and if the weather is any good you can take a bimble up the Derwent walk (disused railway line). Love to join you, but personal circumstances (wife and finances) preclude it. Good luck and hope you have a successful meet.
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
10 February 2013, 12:41,
Well im really up for suggestions folks !! service stations would be better as we would look like travellers!! ....outdoors ..exposed to the elements..walking and talking..dont think this will be as good unless we already done the introductions etc...at the end of the day we are all strangers to one another...so unless you frequent "those" kind of websites for after dark car park meetings to "watch".....then i wudnt wanna follow anyone into the woods !!lol.! this great forum has brought us together and we can connect via emails or directly on the forum threads.... i wanna branch out to see if we "northern bunch" can link up......and in that i dont mean buy a super hi tech radio base station.....cos we know that NR has had a right chew on trying to do the right thing with the correct K.I.S.S approach !! i just wanna see whos out there !!!