Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please explain
9 February 2013, 21:29, (This post was last modified: 9 February 2013, 21:30 by MaryN.)
Please explain
Could someone please explain to me what....

ratings are for, and
what the thanks given space is for

Thanks

ooh, and also "reputation"

Ta
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
9 February 2013, 21:33, (This post was last modified: 9 February 2013, 21:39 by Prepper1.)
RE: Please explain
Articles written etc... gets you rated, I think and thanks given if you press the thanks button at the bottom of the blue box IF you like what somebody posted...

Post stuff to get rated etc...

Doesnt have to be earth shattering stuff, we mostly read online papers and alternative news sites and post any interesting "intel" we find to keep each other up to date, bit like a military unit if you like.

Also hints, tips and advice if you have any are all gratefully received...

The idea behind prepping is generally to have a backup so you dont have to rely on government sources should any major emergency happen.
Also we post interesting intel so we get prior notice of events.

News online is generally 24 hours ahead of the papers and news channels.
Sometimes it can only be a few hours but that few hours lets you get to the supermarket before the majority know and get to the petrol station in advance of the crowds etc...

Prior notice that an asteroid say was coming our way enables you to find a big deep cave....TongueTongue
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
9 February 2013, 21:40,
Wow! That little button works. Fun.
9 February 2013, 21:44,
You'll get the hang of it after a while.
Were all here to help.
Just somewhere for like minded people to hang out I suppose.
It can be quite lonely if your the only one who can "see" potential trouble around the corner...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
9 February 2013, 21:51,
As for the star ratings, as far as I can tell, I'm the only person that gives a rating to a thread. Don't think it's a special privilege. I'm certain everyone is able to do the same. Just click whatever star you think a thread deserves. I'll click 5* for this thread and you'll see it become a 5* thread.

The Thanks button is the same as a 'like' on Facebook, but can also just be a way to say 'Thanks' (Who'd have imagined haha).

The reputation button is for giving a person a rating. People get rated for so many different things. It can be for helpful comments, good articles or threads, good moral standing, or anything at all.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 February 2013, 22:22,
I never noticed the rating thingy til you mentioned it !!!

9 February 2013, 22:29,
I'll just go and preen then
9 February 2013, 22:30,
(9 February 2013, 22:22)NorthernRaider Wrote: I never noticed the rating thingy til you mentioned it !!!

If I was a sniper, I'd not want you to be my spotter. 2 years and you never noticed it haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin