Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF ?
10 February 2013, 14:32,
IF ?
Here is a thread I'll start but am not going to participate in because I want to try and learn more about other peoples attitude towards preparedness.

OK, here we go
If someone told you a mega tsunami was going to hit here in 8 ours you would flee uphill and inland, If someone told you that a virus that was lethal was spreading through the cities from physical contact not airborne you would react to it straight away either bugging out or isolating yourself indoors, if our government told you the EU was going to invade our cities in a couple of weeks time you would sod off sharpish to some safe place. If the media exposed a government plot to round up milions of you and enslave you in work camps you would run and hide.

So why when the evidence is overwhling that our cities are fast becoming dangerous and very unsafe places to live cos of overcrowding, crime, terrorism, political extremism, poverty, pollution, poor environment, etc and not fit places to live. You know that the professionals and middle classes are already fleeing in droves and have done so for two decades now.

Why do you CHOOSE to remain?
*Point of note this is NOT an attack nor a criticism or condemnation , or judgement in any way or form, this is a genuine academic question.

No one is having a go at anyone.

The evidence is absolutely clear the threats and hazards are multi faceted and undeniable, you WOULD flee a tsunami of water, so why WONT you flee a tsunami of crime or social collapse?

I point out again I wont respond I just want to read and learn because I'm clearly missing some fundamental motivation or driving influence that makes people slective as to what major threat they face.

Thanks in advance
NR

10 February 2013, 14:34,
RE: IF ?
as i dont live in a city anymore i'll let someone else answer this one.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 February 2013, 14:47,
I dont live in a city though where i live is a pretty big town and close enough to newcastle, i am already implementing my plan to move though without vast amounts of spare cash to put towards deposits etc and having to stay within the boundaries that we are currently living in, it is hard to make it happen any sooner than it is.
10 February 2013, 14:48,
This question is a difficult one to answer as it depends on so many differing factors!

For me the answer is this.... I live in a city but I am only a twenty minute walk into the countryside, I have several get out quick routes planned with caches along the way.
It is my other half that keeps me in the city, she doesn't drive and needs easy access to public transport so that she can work, also good schools that are accessible are also essential as is child care.

I would thrive on the isolation of a country home and all it has to offer, my wife would find the lack of social contact too much to bear at this present time.
We have spoken about moving further out and may well do this later in the year.
Respect existence or expect resistance!
10 February 2013, 14:49,
I dont drive and since 2011 I havnt had a steady job, its all been agency work so a few days here the odd couple of weeks there. But im out of the city centre by a 2 1/2 hour walk and back home if it does kick off in the centre and theres access to lots of boats if I did have to leave I can bug out by sea or head in land.

If I ever get my self a trade and some cash together I would want to go to norway/finland, would need to do a few trips first decide where I neec to be snd get out of this quickly sinking ship that is our homeland
10 February 2013, 16:27,
I don't live in a city it's a small quiet town but planning on moving to a quieter less populated place. It's quietish where I am now but it could soon change
10 February 2013, 16:28,
I live out in the countryside and wild horses couldn't drag me into a town never mind a city!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 February 2013, 16:31,
(10 February 2013, 16:28)MaryN Wrote: I live out in the countryside and wild horses couldn't drag me into a town never mind a city!

not even for a Romanian horse burger??Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 February 2013, 16:42,
(10 February 2013, 16:31)bigpaul Wrote:
(10 February 2013, 16:28)MaryN Wrote: I live out in the countryside and wild horses couldn't drag me into a town never mind a city!

not even for a Romanian horse burger??Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Neigh, Lad!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 February 2013, 16:45,
I live in south londonistan and i am only here to look after my 80 year old father who is losing his mind.You never know what the future holds and believe me i am working on getting out this shithole.
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king