Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Reluctant Outlaw
28 February 2013, 00:23,
RE: The Reluctant Outlaw
(27 February 2013, 23:14)Highlander Wrote:
(27 February 2013, 22:59)bowdrill Wrote: always on about guns being banned heres a thought what happens if all weapons are banned ie bows crossbows even catapaults wot then ???

bd

It couldn't possibly be done

For a start, there are thousands of jobs that couldn't be done without guns, secondly, we don't have the authorities to deal with such a bann, thirdly, how could they possibly monitor either guns or crossbows, let alone catapults

..... but lets just say for argument that they were all banned tomorrow, nothing would happen, legal guns would disappear in many cases, certain animals would become overpopulated and damage the infrastructure of the countryside, damaging crops and bankrupting large estates,... the criminals would still have their weapons, the likes of us would hide them away,.. no-one knows who owns crossbows so they have no starting point

There would be countless obsticals,... it simply couldn't happen

i agree Big Grin
28 February 2013, 00:28,
The mentality of "OH, I'll go to the woods and hunt and forage for stuff" during a WROL event, especially without practice and extensive background knowledge, is just one step up from "Oh, I'll just go to the store and get what I need there."

I'm sure we all regularly have the standard conversation with others, even non-preppers, about how terrible everything is, economy, recession, end of the world, overpopulation, mutant zombie bikers etc. When I do, I try to end on the positive note of "OK, so what are YOU going to do about it? You could take easy steps to massively improve your own situation, like X Y Z, generic advice", no OPSEC broken etc. It's as if cannot what they moan about, and how it might affect them,in their own reality, until it bears down on them and they run screaming to the nearest person in a reflective jacket.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
28 February 2013, 08:44,
(27 February 2013, 22:59)bowdrill Wrote: always on about guns being banned heres a thought what happens if all weapons are banned ie bows crossbows even catapaults wot then ???

bd

you can never un-arm a true survivalist lol if they took away our bow and knives. then we'd have the world most powerful blow pipes, every other butter knife would be razor sharp, and we'd carry lunch boxes around with us lol one way or another your not surviving if your not armed. the most early sign i can remember that i was going to be a survivalist (didnt know back then) was. when i was 6 i stole a mini gardening blade. bloody sharp hooked thing. i stole it so i would be ok going to sleep with the light off. if i was going to be scared i would be scared prepared lol. a message to all preppers and survivalist's, were's your everyday carry knife? in your pockets i should hear u all say lol
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
28 February 2013, 15:50, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 15:53 by Scythe13.)
(28 February 2013, 08:44)Wildman Wrote: you can never un-arm a true survivalist lol if they took away our bow and knives. then we'd have the world most powerful blow pipes, every other butter knife would be razor sharp

Scouts didn't allow us to let the kids use full tang knives, even though they're much safer than the allowed, unlocking, regulation-allowed, swiss army style knives.

To get around that, I taught them to sharpen knives, and handed out cutlery from the cutlery set's we had. Guess whose able to baton wood using a normal table knife?

(28 February 2013, 08:44)Wildman Wrote: a message to all preppers and survivalist's, were's your everyday carry knife?

To which I answer......Which one? I have 3.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin