Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much for the Global warming lie
12 February 2013, 00:09,
RE: So much for the Global warming lie
Maybe there are two ways of looking at this; politically minded and prepper minded.

Politically minded view would be to try to agree whether climate change is man-made or natural.

Prepper minded view would be to say; "The climate's changing - what's the best way to prepare for / deal with it?"

I don't think there's any doubt the climate is changing. Just look at the sea-ice situation in the arctic. Trouble is, many discussions about it immediately get mired in political discussions about who's to blame, and whether it's our fault. A typical response is; "Oh, it's only a natural cycle". That may be true, but the last time it happened we weren't trying to accommodate 60+ million people on a small island.

I don't care whether climate-change is man-made or not. Either way we're stuffed, because if it is man-made, we're not going to change our behaviour quickly enough to influence it, and if it isn't man-made, we can't influence it anyway. What I do care about is how we adapt to a situation unfolding before our very eyes.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
12 February 2013, 10:15,
If I remember correctly I once heard that our planet is a 'biosphere' and that it reacts to changes in its environment which would, I think, be the nearest bodies to it - in this case the Moon and the Sun etc all of which exert some kind of 'force' at varying levels and times. So if this is a correct analysis - and please correct me if I am too way out - then climate change or whatever you call it has been going on for a very very long time. As inhabitants of this biosphere we might just be contributing to the 'domestic' changes that happen here and the system will react accordingly.
Therefore if we have any thoughts for the future at all we might just get 'prepared to adapt' as best we can and not pay too much attention to all the noise in the background.
12 February 2013, 10:25,
I still think we are just in a warm bit between ice ages and the changes are cyclic but irregular on a short term view ( IE 10,000 year sections) but viewed in eons its just normal.

12 February 2013, 10:31,
i dont think we want to get into a debate about who is responsible, however i think we would be niave if we didnt think human activity had something to do with it, SOMETHING is causing the horrendous weather we have seen recently across the world, as preppers we cant influence it we can only prepare to survive and adapt to what nature throws at us.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 February 2013, 15:44,
I think some of the horrendous weather is a sign for the future and how it effects the animals such as birds mysteriously falling out the sky and mass beachings or whales and dolphins
12 February 2013, 15:58,
(12 February 2013, 15:44)SecretPrepper Wrote: I think some of the horrendous weather is a sign for the future.

i think that is certainly true, the more humans abuse the planet the more mother nature is going to react.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 February 2013, 10:11,
I have just 'discovered' a new, to me at least, website for the Met Office at http://www.metoffice.gov.uk where there is a very well presented video concerning climate change. Whether you actually believe what is being said is up to the individual of course but it would appear that this is all backed up with statistical records.
The bonus for me at least is that you can play around with the thing to get what you want out of it on a local and forecast basis. The other site that I was using seems to have hit the rocks on a local basis. Worth a look if you have the time and interest.
17 February 2013, 12:58,
Well it could also be mother natures way of trying to rid itself of a pest thats annoying it.

Mankind has decimated plants, animals etc...
who knows if this has something to do with it.

Lots of creatures live in symbiosis with plants, what happens if nature "knows" when its off balance.

How do we know we've not triggered something with our endless fracking and extinction events.

Constantly digging oil and metals out of the planet unbalancing its spin maybe...
Your car tyre for example, when its out of balance, how much does it wobble and vibrate?

We may or may not be the cause of it, who knows for sure, but I certainly dont think were helping matters.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
17 February 2013, 13:11,
Yes I certainly think that it might just be possible for humans to be creating an imbalance in the overall scheme of things especially as we seem to be giving birth at an alarming rate in comparison to a century or so ago.
Big problem - no easy solution in sight seemingly.
17 February 2013, 14:47,
can anyone tell me what part oil plays in the world we live in? (other than to fight over) water gives life and cools things down ect. air allows mammals to breath ect. what about oil. every partical on this planet has a roll to play but i have never heard of an explanation for oils vital roll. could it be that oil helps cool the earths core? or helps insulate the core? maybe as the worlds dead mass sinks into the earth and is turned over millions of years into oil that oil its self seeps into the core keeping it ignited constantly? if any of the above were true, and they very well could be, then taking oil from these deposits would have the affects wear seeing today.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!