Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
roadkill.
14 November 2011, 11:59,
RE: roadkill.
Oh yes, dont forget Badgers carry T.B. so I dont know if their safe to eat as long as you discard certain bits?
Go on whos gonna try badger first?
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
16 May 2012, 15:52,
Roast Venison anyone?: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-18092988
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 May 2012, 15:59,
I have one criticism of the idea of eating roadkill post SHTF. That is just that I don't see many cars driving around after a crash.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 May 2012, 16:36,
there will be plenty of sheeple driving around like headless chickens immediately post TSHTF, thats when RTA's involving wildlife and other vehicles will be at their highest, great loss of life both human and animal!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 May 2012, 17:34, (This post was last modified: 16 May 2012, 17:37 by Nemesis.)
(16 May 2012, 16:36)bigpaul Wrote: there will be plenty of sheeple driving around like headless chickens immediately post TSHTF, thats when RTA's involving wildlife and other vehicles will be at their highest, great loss of life both human and animal!

I always bring home road kills my kids love to skin them and gut them, my dog gets to eat free meat do we not all do this I thought it was normal lol.

Best to add I started doing this because I am a city man as is or should say was my family so I wanted them to learn to gut and skin bigger game, and to condition their minds to it.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
16 May 2012, 17:39,
(16 May 2012, 17:34)WetandCold Wrote:
(16 May 2012, 16:36)bigpaul Wrote: there will be plenty of sheeple driving around like headless chickens immediately post TSHTF, thats when RTA's involving wildlife and other vehicles will be at their highest, great loss of life both human and animal!

I always bring home road kills my kids love to skin them and gut them, my dog gets to eat free meat do we not all do this I thought it was normal lol.
yeah, we do when we can, saw a dead deer today(which is why i posted the link when i fell across it) but the carcase was too battered to do anything with.
16 May 2012, 18:03,
(14 November 2011, 11:59)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Oh yes, dont forget Badgers carry T.B. so I dont know if their safe to eat as long as you discard certain bits?
Go on whos gonna try badger first?
When i lived on the road,we spent 4 years travelling in eire, we was parked up with some horsedrawn friends and one time there was a large roadkill badger all butchered an cut up into portions and sizzling away in the frying pan on the open fire, it smelt ok an looked like lumps of red chuck steak,
The chap (german chris) who was cooking it offered me some an as i'm up for trying most things i tucked in, it was quite tough(probably needed a bit longer in the pan)an tasted quite strong an gamey but went down a treat, it was weird cos the dogs wouldnt touch it for some reason, which i must say was a bit worrying what with TB an all that, but we were fine with no bad guts or ill efects, in fact we had it the next night too, the mrs knocking up a beef curry so i wacked a bit more badger in for good measure, and it fed everybody nicely, mmm, beef n badger curry you cant beat itBig Grin

We ate a lot of road kill in them days an i used to go out with me two lurchers an come back with a couple hares which make a wicked munch, While we were over there me other half gave birth to our second son (we have 4 sons)in the back of our horsebox, it was excellent cos it was just me the mrs and german chris' other half who was into midwifery, so between us we helped deliver my son an i got to cut the cord, and we saved the placenta an i put it in the oven an roasted it (it looked like brain,lol)after taking a blood sample from it for the doctor the next day . Anyway when the placenta was cooked i had a piece of it it looked a bit like corned beef when cooked, but it tasted well bland and needed seasoning, i shoulda chucked some garlic in with it an some oxo or summat to give it a bit of flavour, i must admit it did make me gag a bit so i gave the rest to me Rotty who had just had pups herself an she gobbled it down no messing, packed with nutrients an good stuff it was a good tonic for her who had 5 hungry pups suckin on her as much as they could get away with. It was weird in a way cos i was feeding a part of my son to the gaping jaws of a hungry rotweiler.

Waste not, want not eh?Cool

Nothing endures but change ~Heraclitus
16 May 2012, 18:05, (This post was last modified: 16 May 2012, 18:08 by Nemesis.)
Here you go Paul 4 of my kids on their first road kill, we did not have a clue how to do it back then.

[Image: 311nuyt.jpg]
Rootsman, I am waiting for my dog to pass (patterdale don't get on with other dogs) then am going to get something along the lines of a lurcher.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
16 May 2012, 18:29,
(16 May 2012, 18:05)WetandCold Wrote: Rootsman, I am waiting for my dog to pass (patterdale don't get on with other dogs) then am going to get something along the lines of a lurcher.

Reckon i'm gonna get me another one too, handy dogs are lurchers altho very greedy for any grub so you havta keep an eye on them an dont leave any edibles lyin around unguarded cos they will have it, even when theyve been fed they always find room for another morsel.

Ive got a jack-russel at present which are good for flushing out whatever, altho she must be short sited as i got her to keep the rats down from me chickens, but she misses more than she notices, cant see for lookin.

Excellent guard dog tho an cheap to feed.
Nothing endures but change ~Heraclitus
16 May 2012, 20:43,
Looking at it realistically if your starving you will eat whatever you can lay your hands on.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.