Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff for free
19 February 2013, 00:58,
RE: Stuff for free
I check every skip I see 99% of the time its rubbish but you get the odd gem. Found dixies work clothes brand new in the bag, just had some paint on the outer packaging. Shop bins can provide some good stuff, mostly bread but I always check them out. Phone boxes, ticket machines ect check them for money people are in a hurry dont want to wait so they get the ticket and run, leaving change. Be careful on these some lowlifes leave needles inside. Every time I see a tab box I check its contents, people stash alsorts in them. Fast food car parks are also good, they give you napkins people throw them away, but there also holding there change. The carparks normaly have little shrubs all the way around so its ideal money catching plants
3 March 2013, 22:23, (This post was last modified: 3 March 2013, 22:25 by Luci_ferson.)
metroyeti have you been homless by any chance,
you forgot shopping trolleys , surprising how many berks cant be bothered to take them back thinking its only a pound. (lazey gits) lol

usually found where a 4x4 or is just leaving
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
4 March 2013, 21:16,
I've gotten free stuff from my workplaces. for example, we get orders in on pallets from one supplier that puts a great 8x10 ft plastic sheet on top to keep rain out. Everyone else here cuts it up and throws it away. I carefully cut it away from the other material and keep it. these come in so handy - painting for example, covering a garden, emergency shelter. There aslo lots of scrap wood I collect - pop out a few nails/screws. I've also collected a few plastic pallets companies throw away. Use these where i will have outside shower and lou so we dont have to stand in mud. check around busy industrial areas - go behind the buildings and especially check the large industrial trash dumpsters. At one of my previous jobs (for a cruise line) they would throw away knives confiscated from passengers. they would also throw away brand new clothing items because they were last years style. problem is this stuff doesnt last long in the trash, at least around here.
4 March 2013, 23:35,
(4 March 2013, 21:16)Rush2112 Wrote: I've gotten free stuff from my workplaces. for example, we get orders in on pallets from one supplier that puts a great 8x10 ft plastic sheet on top to keep rain out. Everyone else here cuts it up and throws it away. I carefully cut it away from the other material and keep it. these come in so handy - painting for example, covering a garden, emergency shelter. There aslo lots of scrap wood I collect - pop out a few nails/screws. I've also collected a few plastic pallets companies throw away. Use these where i will have outside shower and lou so we dont have to stand in mud. check around busy industrial areas - go behind the buildings and especially check the large industrial trash dumpsters. At one of my previous jobs (for a cruise line) they would throw away knives confiscated from passengers. they would also throw away brand new clothing items because they were last years style. problem is this stuff doesnt last long in the trash, at least around here.

Thanks for the advice I'm trying to build up my prepping supplies and resources all replies are greatly appreciates
4 March 2013, 23:37,
Luci around here they smash the bit off that has the pound in it. Found a staind glass window the other week.
5 March 2013, 12:42,
was still thinking about your question because i'm on very limited budget too, but have decent preps. my daughter and i go to garage sales / yard sales, especially in well off areas. Although stuff isnt free, its not expensive. Got a sleeping bag for $1. kitchenware stuff very cheap. got a pressure cooker at an estate sale for $5. its an old model and thats what i wanted anyway! i dont think anyone else knew what it was. gives my daughter and me time together too - shes not looking for preps though.
5 March 2013, 18:16,
where about in the world are you Rush?,.. you haven't added it to your profile,...its just the use of the dollar signs that make me ask
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 March 2013, 19:23,
sorry, been meaning to update the profile. greetings from sunny south florida!