Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would you do?
18 February 2013, 19:42,
RE: What would you do?
(18 February 2013, 12:37)MaryN Wrote: Ooh, nice question. Apart from the usual skills - cooking, crafts etc., I can turn my hand to gardening and crop rotation; herbal gardening (useful for the basic ailments); i'm used to dealing with livestock, so rearing animals. I can break horses to harness and saddle. Just need someone to provide the livestock.

And I'm no slouch in brewing either.

I think I want to marry you....Heart
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 February 2013, 19:42,
KING of course...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
18 February 2013, 19:56,
ok lets see: cooking, gardening,basic DIY,labourer/"go-fer"..fetching and carrying,first aid,scavenging,hunter/gatherer, good with animals.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 February 2013, 20:02,
(18 February 2013, 19:42)Highlander Wrote:
(18 February 2013, 12:37)MaryN Wrote: Ooh, nice question. Apart from the usual skills - cooking, crafts etc., I can turn my hand to gardening and crop rotation; herbal gardening (useful for the basic ailments); i'm used to dealing with livestock, so rearing animals. I can break horses to harness and saddle. Just need someone to provide the livestock.

And I'm no slouch in brewing either.

I think I want to marry you....Heart

Getaway! It's the brewing isn't it!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
19 February 2013, 16:12,
I fear that if I list everything I will be branded a liar, but here goes for part of the list.

I was an officer in the U.S. Army during the Viet Namn War, specializing in building defensive systems small and large. I was discharged as a Captain. I served as both a platoon leader, a company commander and an instructor.

I hold a lifetime certification as a teacher and have taught every subject in the cirriculium at one time of another over the pase 40 years. Yes, I kept all the books.

I have certification as a machinist graduating from a 2 year program in machine tool and welding.

I ran a gun shop as a side business from 1980-1994. Most of the business was custom target work.

My interest in living history has taken me into strange territory. (I hold a Masters Degree in Cultural Rescourses Management) I can live indefinately at any level of pre-electric technology but do not really enjoy the stone age very much.

Based on the living history experience I can clothe myself from head to toe from scratch and have taught several museum staffs to do so.

I build my own bows and do my own fletching from native materials.

I hold a Master Blacksmith rating from one of the leading associations here in the States.

I can build both modern and black powder muzzleloading guns from scratch (based on the combination of the above listed skills.)

I live in a house I built with my own hands; framed wired plumbed and finished.

I plant a garden each year, have for many years.

Got chickens in the back yard too

I am also an ordained minister; so I can marry you, bury you, christen you, counsel you or serve communion.

I play a mean blues guitar.

Those are the high points, I do other stuff too, but i do not want to brag.
19 February 2013, 16:22,
(19 February 2013, 16:12)Mortblanc Wrote: I do other stuff too, but i do not want to brag.

not much!!Big Grin if you served in Vietnam you must be about 80 years old..unless you lied about your age?Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 February 2013, 16:24,
intelligence, something far too many lack.
19 February 2013, 17:15,
I'd be looking after my family. Making sure they kept their heads down, were warm, fed and watered. Getting all medieval on people who want to hurt us.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 February 2013, 21:26,
(19 February 2013, 16:22)bigpaul Wrote:
(19 February 2013, 16:12)Mortblanc Wrote: I do other stuff too, but i do not want to brag.

not much!!Big Grin if you served in Vietnam you must be about 80 years old..unless you lied about your age?Tongue

I am a ripe and happy 63.

I went the officer route while in University during the late 1960s. I was discharged in 1974. If you do the math that means I was 24 at discharge. I was reactivated in 1979 and again in 1984.

Lots of guys younger than me served in Viet Namn. They were drafting at 19 and enlistment at 17 was possible. U.S. advisors were in place right up to the takeover in 1975 even though most went home in 1973.
19 February 2013, 21:42,
I think a good attachment to this question would be if you would go solo or actually even debate joining a group!