Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Morning Charity Hike......Beginner Mistakes ReLearned!!!
28 April 2013, 21:44,
RE: Morning Charity Hike......Beginner Mistakes ReLearned!!!
If you need speed and stealth, and I am sure you are right the time may come,.. then its a case of not so much looking down but listening to the rhythm of your feet while looking around,.. looking at feet works great in a squad,... but if alone, and you have to do it this way, use your eyes and ears
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 April 2013, 22:37,
I've spent the last 20mins composing yet another post and do you know what? I just decided there's no point. I know what I meant and that'll do for me...

1 May 2013, 04:50,
(28 December 2012, 21:14)Scythe13 Wrote: The walk continued and sure enough, as some of you expected, a warm spot that had occurred on my heel (not yet mentioned, as it was only a warm spot) was nicely developing into a blister, on my right foot.

It just occurred to to me to mention and I hope it may be of some use, that I came, through trial and error, to what was for me the best blister treatment. I know that I'm trawling through dim and distant memories here and that the bits might be more difficult to come by (legitimately,) but if, after all the routine prevention methods have been employed and you still find yourself with a formed but unbroken blister, try this:

With a syringe and hypo, pierce the blister and draw off the fluid - get rid. Charge the syringe with some surgical spirit (meths will do,) and through the same hole, squirt it into the blister. This will not be pleasant but will last only a minute or so. When the burn subsides (and you get down from the ceiling where you've been clinging with your finger and toenails,) use the syringe to draw off the residue, roll out what remains and dab dry. Covered with a plaster, this will now heal like leather and see you on your way again. It's best if you can do this on your evening stop and let it have an overnight to work but I've done it on a lunch stop (yeah, I know, new boots + pillock = problem!) and it's worked well.

Word of warning: don't let the needle go through the blister and into the skin below, only into the fluid chamber and don't try it on a broken blister - it won't be nice!

Funny though, not too many mates have let me do it to them - wonder why?

1 May 2013, 08:13,
The best way to deal with blisters is not to get them in the first place, when I was in the Army we used to stand our feet in vinegar, a few times a week, this hardens off the foot.

GG,.. I have not head about your method, but removing the liquid was always something we were told not to do, as it was this liquid that is there to protect the wound, but of course the blister will bust at some point so you will lose that protection anyway

Blisters are quiet a difficult subject to protect against, hence the best method is treating the feet where possible
A major part of survival is invisibility.
1 May 2013, 13:06,
Absolutely agree H. As I said, "...after all the routine prevention methods...".

Leaving the fluid in place to do it's job is best, if you don't have to carry on but if you do, well, I can only say that this works.