Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your commandments!!
21 February 2013, 10:56,
RE: your commandments!!
(20 February 2013, 22:50)Straight Shooter Wrote: Thats the thing SD a son would not just walk into a village

I was using it as an example but as you picked on that one I will comment further.

Do you honestly think that we will not go exploring for resources after an event. That involves going into unknown terriitory, it could easily be another groups and that group could have outlawed the carrying of axes, for religious reasons or on the whim of the dictator in charge who had a bad experience when his wife was giving him a shave with an axe.

Your issue though seems to be less with the axe but more with the wandering around. I have plans to explore several areas within 10 miles of my house, I've marked them on the map already scavanging. So I could easily find myself in someone elses domain.

I think every one of us, including yourself, will be exploring within 2 years.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 February 2013, 11:01,
i think it will be less than 2 years, we will have to get out there as soon as it is safe to do so before someone else gets to it first! i'd say 6months to a year. my resourses map has 3 circles on it, 5 10 & 15 miles, i think i'll be keeping to the 5 mile radius to start with.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 February 2013, 13:15,
You guys are rather looking at things from a male point of view. Does this mean that your new society would be another patriarchal set up?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
21 February 2013, 13:29,
(21 February 2013, 13:15)MaryN Wrote: You guys are rather looking at things from a male point of view. Does this mean that your new society would be another patriarchal set up?

Nup, my missus is the one in overall control of my small group, she only cedes to me on security issues, anything else she gets final say. We need the nest building family caring psyche of females to ensure stability, if the guys were left to totally dominate all aspects I dont think we could both survive and thrive which is what is needed for families.

22 February 2013, 21:20,
What a splendid chance to get Society right. Could I put in a plea for a Women's Council to deal with things related to women alone - like rape? I could almost guarantee a very low rate of re-offending!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
22 February 2013, 22:17,
Women would certainly get a big say in any future governing if I had a say it in, more than half the problems in this world are caused by men and their macho ways,...its about time EVERYONE thought of women as equal,... we both take equal share to do with everything in our lives in this house
A major part of survival is invisibility.
23 February 2013, 00:47,
(18 February 2013, 22:28)HideandSeek Wrote: I personally believe a serious catastrophic event in which society is broken would have many ''ups'' to it.One being, The rules you can begin to lay down, like your very own Ten Commandments but obviously this can lead to people being power hungry. How do you think the law system would be run in your ''tribe'' if you had a say. Would you give the death sentence?, How would you punish Rapists and pedophiles? and finally would you allow the Eldars of the group to have the last word?.
Sorry for a bit of a in-depth questions, just curious Cool
HideandSeek
it is the wide topic really. these questions will not rise immediately, probably not even during the second generation of survivors. first two or more generations will most certainly live by law of jungle.

depending on the type of disaster the moral questions will be actual again when people will start gathering in families, groups, tribes and local communities. until then none would care about raping and killing, that would be just the part of the clans or newly developed tribe's wars.

there would be no pedophilia as we know it now. rape of the underaged from outside will be considered as the attack to the family, clan or community. inside family perverse activity most probably would be close guarded secret because families would have to be closer together in order to survive.

imo death sentence would not even be called like this. killing will be a part of ordinary life. you have stole something from my family, you'll be dead by tomorrow. i know two hundred years ago on some of our islands there was punishment by death for stealing without the court of justice. people of that times were quite well aware about concept of bad and good things. and still they dig the thieves in the field from neck down and let the horse with the plow decapitate them.
harsh times call for harsh acts.

and i think there will be no "Eldars" for the first three or four generations. only when the life stabilizes enough, then people will start gather around the wise and experienced leaders.