Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your commandments!!
19 February 2013, 13:50, (This post was last modified: 19 February 2013, 13:54 by SecretPrepper.)
RE: your commandments!!
I always liked the 2nd amendment from the US as for other laws. It would be the same rules to keep society functioning. No murder, stealing etc.

I would do away with tax. could u imagine being in a group trading with another group and the leader asking for a cut/tax of your trade.
As long as everyone works for the grater good of the community from farming/hunting to latrine digging

(19 February 2013, 07:52)Ghost Wrote: Lets use sex as an example. An eighteen year old boy from your tribe who is within the legal age limit that you have set for sexual intercourse has sex with a girl from the other valley who is sixteen also, unfortunately the other tribe has set their age limit to eighteen and after finding out want to 'punish' your boy for being a peadophile!
How do you resolve these kind of issues? Do you form a joint council to decide? As far as the other tribe is concerned your boy has had sex with a minor and must be treated as a dangerous child abuser
I've changed the boys age to eighteen to make it more viable
[/quote]

You would definitely need to talk it out the leaders of both tribes talk as well as talks with the two kids. the other tribe will be pissed off but you have to try keep it civilised and not let it escalate.

It would be a lot harder if the male from your group was actually 32 or something
19 February 2013, 23:14,
If the council makes its laws for (the clan or group ) that should become the law " rules " by which the (clan/ group ) live by ....no exceptions for the crimes you point out ....death and i mean death....that gives everyone the same message....there can be NO exceptions to the rules you voted for ....even if they are blood relatives.....so you take responsibilty for your family members...
19 February 2013, 23:23,
(19 February 2013, 23:14)Straight Shooter Wrote: If the council makes its laws for (the clan or group ) that should become the law " rules " by which the (clan/ group ) live by ....no exceptions for the crimes you point out ....death and i mean death....that gives everyone the same message....there can be NO exceptions to the rules you voted for ....even if they are blood relatives.....so you take responsibilty for your family members...

But the obvious down side to this is the love humans uniquely obtain, there are tons of people who stick up for rapist and murderer's in this society because they are family or ''lovers''.
19 February 2013, 23:26,
Thats what i mean NO exceptions or you will end up with the shit we have now.
19 February 2013, 23:36,
in this day and age its cool to be bad, bad means good, wicked means good, sick means good. on top of the ptb breaking morels with ever more damming laws and desperation hitting people while they eat brain rot nuggets washed down with savers cherryade. brushing twice a day with flouride, taking anti anything and everything, drinking cheap booze like its their last night on this earth, kids taking legal highs that do more harm than crack laced with lead, and the daily stress of living this shame, its no wonder we have the problems we have. i've learned to keep my mouth shut, coz u cant tell anyone with out being ousted from the shameful socials we have.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
19 February 2013, 23:38,
(19 February 2013, 23:14)Straight Shooter Wrote: If the council makes its laws for (the clan or group ) that should become the law " rules " by which the (clan/ group ) live by ....no exceptions for the crimes you point out ....death and i mean death....that gives everyone the same message....there can be NO exceptions to the rules you voted for ....even if they are blood relatives.....so you take responsibilty for your family members...

The trouble with this is that its open to abuse,.. you could stitch up someone too easily.

We have to be careful how we use our words,.. there is a great deal of difference between rules and law,..in the early years after TSHTF, I would rather see rules being laid down as opposed to laws,... things are going to be a hell of a lot different, and mixed up.

There will be no-one to investigate on your behalf, its possible you didnt do it, but because you cant,..or dont have proof that you didnt you end up dead,... bad laws will only make rebellion easier, and harder for any group to remain together and secure
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 February 2013, 10:48,
Good question.

There are a couple of issues with this though and it is not a simple one to answer.

1) at the start there isn't going to be any elected leaders. I'm not giving up control of my preps to anyone. I'll be controlling my small group at first. Once we establish contact with others then I'll still be controlling my group in negotiations, etc. Once we have been there a while I'll be happy to get involved in a larger group but it will be a while before there are organised groups willing to have elections. The place will be controlled by Dictators of differing styles.

2) When it settles down then we need to ensure we are on the ground floor to define a constitution that cannot be misconscued by the power hungry with limits on their powers. Elected councils and not career politicians. It won't be easy so we should start now. How could we do this? I have on my long list for the main site a half written article which this is based on. I should post it.

3) As regarding proof of guilt. We will not have the capability for 100% proof of guilt. Even now we go for what is reasonable. Of course with the death penalty we will find many torn between being sure but sure enough for death? We need to be very careful with this.

4) What is this about children. In the civilised countries Justice is blind. The reason for this is that every life is valuable and it matters nough who did the deed or who too. We won't live in thecurrent stupid laws where any crime against a black is a racial crime. Children cause too many emotions and emotions do not make good Justice.

5) I think you will find that we will be unable to set ages for sexual conduct. Unless you are going to tattoo your kids with dob how ill you know within your own tribe never mind another. We are going to be sticking to basic stuff here. Lets not bring our current societys fixation on setting rules for everything into our new society. Basic commandments are good. Lets build on them and add in anything we can agree on but we cannot have anywhere near the laws we have now.

6) Our laws are also going to have to be pretty universal. We want others to copy them and so they need to be sensible . What would you do if your son walked into another village and was executed because he had an axe and they were restricted weapons there. War.....
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 February 2013, 22:50,
Thats the thing SD a son would not just walk into a village ...it would not be like that at all ....if you are a member of a group , you would stay within that group there would be no wandering around the countryside into places where other groups live...unless the elders decided to make contact....they would make contact ...a choosen one maybe in the early stages i mean ..of groups or clans.....but first your family group has to connect with others similar to your family group....and so on
20 February 2013, 23:24,
Big Grin.. boys will be boys especially where girls are concerned....Big Grin
A major part of survival is invisibility.
21 February 2013, 04:05,
Republic.
Constitution of RIGHTS (a right to travel. A right to self defense, etc. Birth rights. I was born human so I have a right to......)
After that comes Natural Laws. Things like, Do not kill. The basic moral code of humanity.
Lastly, Tribe specific laws. e.g. Every 9th day pay homage to S13 via all you can eat buffet. Those kinds of things (Ghosts sex age as another example).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin